John K. Wells
John K. Wells was an American filmmaker who came to Australia in 1919 with Wilfred Lucas to work as an assistant director. He made three films with Lucas and Snowy Baker before being offered a chance to direct the feature Silks and Saddles (1921). He returned to America in 1923.
- The Man from Kangaroo (1920) - assistant director
- The Shadow of Lightning Ridge (1921) - assistant director
- The Man from Snowy River (1920) - co director
- Silks and Saddles (1921) - director, writer, editor, producer
- Andrew Pike and Ross Cooper, Australian Film 1900–1977: A Guide to Feature Film Production, Melbourne: Oxford University Press, 1998, 103.
|This article about a United States film director is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|