|Born||1967/1968 (age 49–50)
Hudson Valley, New York
|Education||Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree|
|Alma mater||NSCAD University|
Kahrs attended NSCAD University, graduating with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in 1990. He began his career at Blue Sky Studios in New York, where he worked as an animator between 1990 and 1997. He later moved to Pixar, where he worked on such films as A Bug's Life, The Incredibles, and Ratatouille. After ten years at Pixar, he moved over to Disney, where he animated on Bolt, Wreck-It Ralph and Frozen, and was an animation supervisor on Tangled.
|1998||A Bug's Life||Yes|
|1999||Toy Story 2||Yes|
|2001||Monsters, Inc.||Yes||Also character developer|
|2002||Mike's New Car||Yes||Short film|
|2004||The Incredibles||Yes||Also character developer|
- Vineyard, Jennifer (February 28, 2013). "Paperman Creator John Kahrs on Winning an Oscar, Love, and Meeting Celebrities". Vulture. Retrieved October 15, 2014.
...this is his directorial debut, at age 45.
- "Congratulations John Kahrs". NSCAD University. February 25, 2013. Retrieved October 15, 2014.
- Ciafardini, Marc (November 1, 2012). "Exclusive: Interview…Disney Animator & 'Paperman' Director John Kahrs". GooseTalk. Retrieved October 15, 2014.
- Koch, Dave (January 23, 2014). "Paperman Director Lands At Paramount". Big Cartoon News. Retrieved January 23, 2014.
- "The 85th Academy Awards (2013) Nominees and Winners". Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. February 24, 2013. Archived from the original on October 1, 2014. Retrieved January 24, 2014.
- Lang, Brent (September 3, 2013). "Disney Animation, 'Paperman' Director Part Ways". The Wrap. Retrieved October 1, 2013.
- McNary, Dave (January 22, 2014). "Paramount Animation Taps 'Paperman's' John Kahrs to Direct 'Shedd' (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety. Retrieved January 23, 2014.