Klingberg in 2011
14 August 1992 |
|Height||6 ft 2 in (188 cm)|
|Weight||176 lb (80 kg; 12 st 8 lb)|
|NHL Draft||131st overall, 2010
John Andersson Klingberg (born 14 August 1992) is a Swedish professional ice hockey defenceman, currently an alternate captain for the Dallas Stars of the National Hockey League (NHL). He was drafted 131st overall in the 2010 NHL Entry Draft by the Stars. He is the younger brother of Carl Klingberg.
Klingberg started his career at an early age in Lerums BK; he was then signed as a youth to join the Frölunda HC program. He made his Elitserien debut for Frölunda HC on 21 September 2010, against AIK IF.
On 16 May 2011, the Dallas Stars announced that they had signed Klingberg to a three-year entry level contract. He was then loaned to the Finnish SM-liiga to play with Jokerit in the 2011–12 season before returning to Sweden midway through the campaign to Skellefteå AIK.
In the 2013–14 season, Klingberg opted to play on loan with Frölunda HC, and produced a career high 11 goals and 28 points in 50 games. After post-season elimination, Klingberg was assigned to the Stars' American Hockey League (AHL) affiliate, the Texas Stars, and played in three regular season games.
In his first full North American season in 2014–15, Klingberg remained with Texas to begin the year. After being recalled by the Stars, he made his NHL debut in a 4–3 victory over the Arizona Coyotes on 11 November 2014. Klingberg scored his first NHL goal on 20 November 2014, against Mike Smith of the Arizona Coyotes. Klingberg finished first in points among all rookie defenceman in 2014–15 and was named to the NHL all-rookie team.
Regular season and playoffs
|World Junior Championships|
Awards and achievements
|Le Mat Trophy (Skellefteå AIK)||2013|
- "Hockeyligan.se - Statistik". Hockeyligan.se (in Swedish). 21 September 2010. Archived from the original on 19 March 2012.
- "Stars sign prospect John Klingberg". 'ESPN. 2011-05-16. Retrieved 2011-05-16.
- "Stars beat Coyotes 4-3 to snap a 7-game slide". newstimes.com. 2014-11-11. Retrieved 2014-11-12.
- "Arizona Coyotes at Dallas Stars". 2014-10-21.
- "John Klingberg". stars.nhl.com. Retrieved 2 March 2016.
- John Klingberg career statistics at EliteProspects.com
- John Klingberg career statistics at The Internet Hockey Database
|This biographical article relating to a Swedish ice hockey defenceman is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|