|The Reverend Monsignor
|Other posts||C of E Bishop of Fulham (1985–1996)|
|Consecration||1985 (C of E)|
|Rank||Prelate of Honour|
|Birth name||Charles John Klyberg|
|Born||29 July 1931|
|Alma mater||Lincoln Theological College|
|Years of service||1953–1955
|Unit||Buffs (Royal East Kent Regiment)|
Early life and education
Klyberg was born on 29 July 1931. He was educated at Eastbourne College, an independent school in Eastbourne, Sussex. He trained for ordination at Lincoln Theological College, a Church of England theological college.
Klyberg served in the British Army to satisfy the required National Service. On 19 December 1953, he was commissioned into the Buffs (Royal East Kent Regiment) as a second lieutenant. On 16 May 1955, he transferred to the Territorial Army as a second lieutenant with seniority in that rank from 19 December 1953; this ended his full-time military service and began the required part-time period of service. On 21 August 1955, he was promoted to lieutenant. On 23 October 1958, he transferred to the Territorial Army Reserve of Officers; this ended his military service and began his call up liability. He resigned his commission on 9 July 1960, and this ended his call up liability.
Church of England
He began his ordained ministry with a curacy at St John's, East Dulwich - after which he was the rector of Fort Jameson in Zambia. Following this he was the vicar of Christ Church and St Stephen, Battersea. Later he became the Dean of Lusaka before ordination to the episcopate. He was also the Archdeacon of Charing Cross. An opponent of women priests, he was a Guardian of the Anglican Shrine of Our Lady of Walsingham from 1991 to 1997.
Roman Catholic Church
- "Bishops appointed". The Times (62049). 30 January 1985. p. 14 col B.
- Who's Who 1992 “(London, A & C Black ISBN 0-7136-3514-2)
- ”Debrett's People of Today 1992” (London, Debrett's) ISBN 1-870520-09-2)
- The London Gazette: . 12 February 1954. Retrieved 12 August 2016.
- The London Gazette: . 8 July 1955. Retrieved 12 August 2016.
- The London Gazette: . 19 August 1955. Retrieved 12 August 2016.
- The London Gazette: . 21 October 1958. Retrieved 12 August 2016.
- The London Gazette: . 29 July 1960. Retrieved 12 August 2016.
- Crockford's clerical directory, 1995 (Lambeth, Church House ISBN 0-7151-8088-6)
- "Guardians' South Side Stalls". The Walsingham Archives. Retrieved 12 August 2016.
- "Cardinal ordains four married priests". The Tablet. 9 November 1996. p. 33. Retrieved 16 August 2016.
- Women priests: where has it led? at the Wayback Machine (archived November 16, 2005)
- "Archbishop Of York Urged To "Come Out"". petertatchell.net. Retrieved 11 August 2016.
|Church of England titles|
|Bishop of Fulham
1985 – 1996