|Institutions||University of Munich|
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
|Alma mater||University of Chicago|
|Contributions||Economics and Human Biology|
John Komlos (born December 28, 1944) is an American economic historian of Hungarian descent and former holder of the Chair of Economic History at the University of Munich for eighteen years. In the 1980s, Komlos was instrumental in the emergence of anthropometric history, the study of the effect of economic development on human biological outcomes such as physical stature.
Komlos received a PhD in history (1978) and a second PhD in economics (1990) from the University of Chicago, where he was influenced by the economic historian Robert Fogel to research the economic history of human physical stature. Komlos named this new discipline "anthropometric history" in 1989. He was a fellow at the Carolina Population Center of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill from 1984 to 1986. Komlos also taught at such institutions as Harvard University, Duke University, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, University of Vienna, and the Vienna University of Economics. He was professor of economics and of economic history at the University of Munich for eighteen years before his retirement. He is also the founding editor of Economics and Human Biology in 2003. Komlos was elected a Fellow of the Cliometric Society in 2013. Komlos also blogs for PBS on current economic affairs  and more recently has written an economics textbook.[when?]
- Komlos, John (1985). "Stature and Nutrition in the Habsburg Monarchy: The Standard of Living and Economic Development in the Eighteenth Century". The American Historical Review. 90 (5): 1149–1161. doi:10.2307/1859662. JSTOR 1859662. PMID 11621446.
- Komlos, John (1987). "The Height and Weight of West Point Cadets: Dietary Change in Antebellum America". The Journal of Economic History. 47 (4): 897–927. doi:10.1017/s002205070004986x. ISSN 0022-0507.
- "2013 Fellows". The Cliometric Society: 2013 Fellows. Archived from the original on 11 December 2017. Retrieved 21 April 2017.
- "PBS Newshour". PBS. Retrieved 10 December 2017.
- Komlos, John (2014). What Every Economics Student Needs to Know. ISBN 978-0765639233.