|Born||1947 (age 69–70)
|Height||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Weight||322 lb (146 kg) active|
|Representing United States|
|IPF World Powerlifting Championships|
|AAU World Powerlifting Championships|
|AAU US National Powerlifting Championships|
|USPF National Powerlifting Championships|
John Kuc is a former world champion powerlifter from the United States. During the 1970s and 80s, he set numerous powerlifting national and world records, won three International Powerlifting Federation (IPF) world championships and numerous national championships.
Although Jon Cole squatted 905 pounds and totaled 2370 pounds (later weighed out at 2364) a bit earlier in a AAU local meet in Phoenix, Arizona on October 28, 1972, Kuc became known as the first man to squat over 900 and total 2300 pounds in a major international competition with a more strict judging at the AAU World Powerlifting Championships on November 11, 1972 by squatting 905 pounds and totaling an impressive 2350 pounds (905-600-845) (raw with just ace bandages), which is still one of the highest raw totals ever achieved until today.
done in official Powerlifting full meets
- Squat - 905.0 lbs (410.5 kg) raw with ace-bandage knee wraps @ 322.25 lb. bodyweight
- Bench press - 600 lbs (272.2 kg) raw @ 322.25 lb. bodyweight
- Deadlift - 870.8 lbs (395.0 kg) raw @ 242.5 lb. bodyweight
- Total - 2350 lbs (905-600-845) / 1065.9 kg (410.5-272.2-383.3) raw with ace-bandage wraps @ 322.25 lb. bodyweight
Career aggregate total (best official lifts): 2375.8 lbs (905 + 600 + 870.8)
- "Powerlifting hub". Retrieved August 16, 2012.
- Fair, John D. (1999). Muscletown USA: Bob Hoffman and the Manly Culture of York Barbell. Penn State Press. pp. 357–. ISBN 9780271018553. Retrieved 25 August 2012.
- Darden, Ellington (April 1993). Soft steps to a hard body. Taylor Pub. Co. p. 84. ISBN 9780878337958. Retrieved 25 August 2012.
- "900 Pound Unequipped Squat Hall of Fame - All-Time Historical World Powerlifting Records & Rankings". powerliftingwatch.com. Retrieved 2007-11-03.
- Vasquez, Johnny. "Men's All-time Raw World Records". powerliftingwatch.com.
- "600 Pound Unequipped Bench Press Hall of Fame - All-Time Historical World Powerlifting Records & Rankings". powerliftingwatch.com. Retrieved 2007-11-03.