John Lauritsen (b. 1939) is a retired market research analyst, author, activist, and the founder of Pagan Press. With Warren Johansson and Wayne R. Dynes, Lauritsen criticized John Boswell's Christianity, Social Tolerance, and Homosexuality (1980), arguing that Boswell had attempted to whitewash the historic crimes of the Christian Church against gay men.
Lauritsen wrote for the New York Native, where he argued against the connection between HIV and AIDS and questioned the safety of AZT. Lauritsen co-authored a book with Hank Wilson entitled Death Rush: Poppers and AIDS (New York: Pagan Press, 1986), in which they conjectured a connection between poppers and AIDS, especially Kaposi's sarcoma, an AIDS-related cancer. Lauritsen argues that poet Percy Bysshe Shelley, not his wife Mary Shelley, was the real author of Frankenstein (1818). He expounded this theory in his work The Man Who Wrote Frankenstein (2007), which received both favorable and negative reviews.
- The Early Homosexual Rights Movement (1864–1935) (with David Thorstad). Times Change Press, 1974.
- Religious Roots of the Taboo on Homosexuality; a Materialist View. 1974
- Death Rush: Poppers And AIDS (with Hank Wilson). Pagan Press, 1986
- Poison by Prescription: The AZT Story (foreword by Peter Duesberg). Asklepios, 1990.
- The AIDS War: Propaganda, Profiteering, and Genocide from the Medical-Industrial Complex. Asklepios, 1993
- The AIDS Cult: Essays on the Gay Health Crisis (as editor, with Ian Young). Asklepios, 1997
- A Freethinker's Primer of Male Love. Pagan Press, 1998
- The Man Who Wrote Frankenstein. Pagan Press, 2007
- A Freethinker in Alcoholics Anonymous. Pagan Press, 2014
- Cleaver, Richard (1995). Know My Name: A Gay Liberation Theology. Westminster John Knox Press. p. 93. ISBN 9780664255763.
- Homosexuality, Intolerance, and Christianity: A Critical Examination of John Boswell's Work
- Duesberg, Peter (1998). Inventing the AIDS Virus. Regnery.
- Griffin, Gabriele (2000). Representations of HIV and AIDS. Manchester University Press. ISBN 9780719047114.
-  SPIN Jun 1991 page 64
- Lauritsen, John; Wilson, Hank (1986). Death Rush: Poppers & AIDS. Pagan Press.
- Greer, Germaine (12 April 2007). "Germaine Greer on who really wrote Frankenstein". The Guardian (London).