John Lavelle (actor)
November 23, 1981 |
Brooklyn, New York, U.S.
John Lavelle (born November 23, 1981) is an American stage, film, and television actor who is perhaps best known for his role as Benjamin Braddock in John Reid's 2002 Broadway adaptation of The Graduate, where he starred opposite Lorraine Bracco.
The Brooklyn native graduated from Monsignor Farrell High School in Staten Island, New York in 1999. A member of the drama club there, he starred as Danny Zuko in Grease, Will Parker in Oklahoma!, and Bobby Van Heusen in The Boy Friend. At Monsignor Farrell, Lavelle also became the first anchor of their student-run television station, WFBN. After high school Lavelle attended the Tisch School of the Arts at New York University, graduating in 2004 with a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Drama.
- Frozen Impact (television movie), as Michael, 2003
- Sixteen to Life (television movie), as Kyle Braddock, 2003
- Guiding Light, as Luke Huff, Episode #1.14335, 2004
- All My Children, as Seth Phelps, Episodes #1.8908, #1.8909, #1.8913, 2004
- Law & Order: Trial by Jury, as Mark Arnett (uncredited), Episode "Blue Wall", 2005
- Bully, as Derby Harrington (voice), 2006
- The Black Donnellys, as Eddie Maxwell, Episode "Run Like Hell", 2007
- The Sandpiper, as Ethan Lang, 2007
- August, as Suit #1 (Brad), 2008
- Can Openers (television movie), as Tom, 2009
- The Taking of Pelham 123, as Team Member (NYPD), 2009
- Numb3rs, as Gil Harkness, Episode "Con Job", 2009
- Porcelain and Diamonds, as Jimmy Waldricki, 2010
- 12, as The Intern, 2010
- Broadway's Finest, as Goldstone, 2011
- Dirty Movie, as The Writer, 2011
- NCIS, as Derrick Archer, Episode: "Tell-All", 2011
- Good News, Oklahoma!, as River, 2011
- Broadway's Finest, as Goldstone, 2012
- LA'd, as John, 2012
- Frozen, as Additional Voices, 2013
- Selma, as Roy Reed, 2014
- Forever, as Anthony Hanson, Episode: "Hitler on the Half-Shell", 2015
- Zootopia, as Mouse Foreman (voice), 2016
- Born Guilty, as Grant, 2016
- John Lavelle at the Internet Movie Database
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2015-11-20. Retrieved 2015-11-19.
- http://www.playbill.com/news/article/73475-Lorraine-Bracco-of-The-Sopranos-Joins-The-Graduate-Nov-19[permanent dead link] Lorraine Bracco of 'The Sopranos' Joins The Graduate November 19
- http://www.theatermania.com/new-york/news/05-2006/follow-spot_8252.html Follow Spot: Tovah Feldshuh gets her Irish up to play Dolly Gallagher Levi, and John Lavelle acts like a Wall Street minion in Burleigh Grime$. Plus: What went wrong with Tarzan?
- Cornerstone 1999: Monsignor Farrell High School Year Book