John Little (writer)
||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (February 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Writings on fitness
He has co-authored several books with Peter N. Sisco, including Static Contraction Training, Static Contraction Training for Bodybuilders, Power Factor Training and The Golfer's Two-Minute Workout.
He then co-authored Body by Science with Doug McGuff, a Medical Doctor.
Scholarship on Bruce Lee's estate
John Little is considered to be one of the world's foremost authorities on Bruce Lee, his training methods and philosophies. Selected by the Bruce Lee estate, Little is the only person who has ever been authorized to review the entirety of Lee's personal notes, sketches and reading annotations and to edit books on the subject of Lee's martial art and its far-reaching philosophical underpinnings.
He is the former Associate Publisher of Bruce Lee magazine and the managing editor of Knowing is Not Enough, the official newsletter of the Jun Fan Jeet Kune Do, the official Bruce Lee martial arts organization.
He is the author of The Warrior Within: The Philosophies of Bruce Lee.
Probably his most notable work is the book The Art of Expressing the Human Body, in which he shows the results of a five-year search in Bruce Lee's notes trying to find the fighter's original bodybuilding program.
Advocacy of Will Durant
John Little has also devoted much effort to popularizing the works of philosopher and historian Will Durant in the 21st century. He founded and heads the Will Durant Foundation, which is an effort to keep Durant's ideas and thoughts alive in the modern era, and has revived some previously unpublished writings of Durant through books like "Adventures in Philosophy" and "An Invitation to Philosophy," which feature some debates and symposiums held by Durant. John Little has also co-produced two documentaries about Durant using rare archive footage.
- The Art of Wong Shun Leung: A Ving Tsun Journey
- Wong Shun Leung: The King of Talking Hands
- Bruce Lee: In Pursuit of the Dragon
- Bruce Lee: A Warrior's Journey
- The Story (film documentary short)
- Bruce Lee: In His Own Words
- Static Contraction Training lists his middle initial as R.
- Tao of Gung Fu the Bruce Lee Librar Volume 2 Powell's Books
- Amazon Golfer's page lists middle initial as N.
- Max Contraction
- Little, John (22 April 1996). "The Warrior Within : The Philosophies of Bruce Lee". McGraw-Hill Education. Retrieved 26 December 2016 – via Amazon.
- WillDurant.com Home[dead link]
- WillDurant.com Videos[dead link]