|No. 47 – Dallas Cowboys|
December 4, 1991 |
|Height:||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|Weight:||235 lb (107 kg)|
|High school:||Wailuku (HI) Baldwin|
|Roster status:||Injured reserve|
|Career NFL statistics|
John Taufa Lotulelei (born December 4, 1991) is an American football linebacker for the Dallas Cowboys of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football for UNLV. He is the cousin of Carolina Panthers defensive tackle Star Lotulelei, who was drafted in the first round from University of Utah in the 2013 NFL Draft.
On October 2, 2013 Lotulelei was released by the Seahawks to make room for quarterback B. J. Daniels. Lotulelei made Seattle’s 53-man roster as an undrafted free agent from UNLV and had played in two games, making three tackles overall. Seattle paid Lotulelei a signing bonus of $25,000 last spring, the highest given to any undrafted free agent, and Lotulelei was an early training camp standout.
On October 3, 2013, Lotulelei was claimed off waivers by the Jacksonville Jaguars. He was waived/injured on August 2, 2014 and was subsequently placed on injured reserve. On August 3, 2014, he was placed on injured reserve. On October 10, 2015, he was waived. On October 12, 2015, he was placed on injured reserve. On October 16, 2015, he was waived from injured reserve.
On November 25, 2015, Lotulelei was signed to the Raiders' practice squad. On December 23, 2015, the Oakland Raiders promoted Lotulelei to the 53 man roster and placed defensive end Mario Edwards, Jr. on the Injured Reserve.
On September 3, 2016, Lotulelei was released by the Raiders as part of final roster cuts.
- "Lotulelei signs with Seattle Seahawks". unlvrebelyell.com. Retrieved April 29, 2013.
- "Seahawks sign nine undrafted rookies". nbcsports.com. Retrieved April 28, 2013.
- "Raiders call up return specialist Jeremy Ross from practice squad". Silver And Black Pride. Retrieved 2015-12-24.
- "Raiders Sign LB John Lotulelei to Active Roster". www.raiders.com. Retrieved 2015-12-24.
- "Oakland Raiders Announce Transactions". Raiders.com.
- "Cowboys Sign LB John Lotulelei To Futures Deal". NFLTradeRumors.com. January 3, 2017.
- "Cowboys waive two players from team, sign two more". 247Sports.com. August 25, 2017.