John M. Meehan
||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2013)|
John M. Meehan (born 1970) is a composer, arranger, and educator/clinician, specializing in marching band and drum corps. John is currently the Brass Caption Head for the Blue Devils Drum and Bugle Corps (where he has been on staff since 1994); as well as the music arranger/coordinator for the Blue Devils B Drum and Bugle Corps, Blue Devils C Drum and Bugle Corps, and the Pacific Crest Drum and Bugle Corps. John was a marching member of the Blue Devils Drum and Bugle Corps from 1986 through 1989 (where he was soprano soloist).
Through his company JKS Music, John's marching band compositions and arrangements are available and performed around the world, and include The Hypar Effect, Stuck, Labyrinth, The Road Not Taken, Perpetual Rhythms, H20, The Laws of Motion, FEAR, Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov's Scheherazade, and Igor Stravinsky's The Firebird. John also has several pieces for wind ensemble, including Circe's Curse.
John was the wind arranger for the 2013 Bands of America Southern California Regional Champion and Grand National Finalist Ayala High School, and the 2013 Bands of America Utah Regional Champion and Grand National Semi-Finalist American Fork High School.
Other past and current clients include many drum & bugle corps as well as marching bands, listed below.
Drum & bugle corps
- Blue Devils Drum and Bugle Corps - Concord, California
- Blue Devils B Drum and Bugle Corps - Concord, California
- Blue Devils C Drum and Bugle Corps - Concord, California
- Santa Clara Vanguard - Santa Clara, California
- Mosson - Caltrano / Vicenza, Italy
- Frontier Drum and Bugle Corps - Denton, Texas
- Troopers Drum and Bugle Corps - Casper, Wyoming
- Velvet Knights Drum and Bugle Corps - Santa Ana, California
- Ventures - Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
- Yamato Drum and Bugle Corps - Riverside, California and Kyoto-Osaka, Japan
- Amador Valley High School - Pleasanton, California
- Bel Air High School - El Paso, Texas
- Clements High School - Sugar Land, Texas
- Eden Prairie High School - Eden Prairie, Minnesota
- El Diamante High School - Visalia, California
- Hamamatsu Commercial High School - Japan
- Homestead High School - Cupertino, California
- James Logan High School - Union City, California
- Lynbrook High School - San Jose, California
- Marshall High School - Marshall, Minnesota
- McQueen High School - Reno, Nevada
- Ooltewah High School - Hamilton County, Tennessee
- Otani High School - Japan
- Shijonawate Gakuen High School - Japan
- Warner Robins High School - Warner Robins, Georgia
- West Bloomfield High School - West Bloomfield, Michigan
- West Broward High School - Pembroke Pines, Florida
John is also a member of the American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP).
John is a co-developer of the System Blue line of marching brass instruments.
John lives in northern California with his wife Jackie and their three daughters and two rescue dogs.