John Panonetsa Mangudya (born 5 October 1963) is the governor of the Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe. He was appointed in March 2014 by the Zimbabwean president and began his tenure as on 1 May that year. He succeeded Dr Gideon Gono as the governor of Zimbabwe's central bank and became the nation's 6th substantial exchequer.
Mangudya earned bachelor's and master's degree in economics from the University of Zimbabwe, where he won several book prizes for his academic achievements. He also has a PhD in Economics from Washington International University. His PhD qualification however, has been questioned by critics who have noted that it was obtained from an unaccredited institution in the United States.
- "John Panonetsa Mangudya | Who's Who Profile". Africa Confidential. Retrieved 2016-09-18.
- John Panonetsa Mangudya. "John Panonetsa Mangudya: Executive Profile & Biography - Businessweek". Bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2016-09-18.
- "John Mangudya". Pindula.co.zw. Retrieved 2016-09-18.
- "Mangudya appointment as RBZ boss welcome | The Chronicle". www.chronicle.co.zw. Retrieved 2017-08-27.
- "Washington International University". www.washint.edu. Retrieved 2017-08-27.
- "RBZ governor Mangudya's PhD degree sets tongues wagging". Newsday.co.zw. 2014-03-25. Retrieved 2016-09-18.
- "Woman files lawsuit to challenge RBZ Governor's Doctorate – The Zimbabwe Mail". Thezimbabwemail.com. Retrieved 2016-09-18.
|This Zimbabwean business-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|