John Manners, 2nd Duke of Rutland
The Duke of Rutland
John Manners, 2nd Duke of Rutland, oil by Jean-Baptiste Closterman c. 1730s, Belvoir Castle
|Lord-Lieutenant of Leicestershire|
|Preceded by||The Earl of Denbigh|
|Succeeded by||The Duke of Rutland|
|Born||18 September 1676|
|Died||22 February 1721 (aged 44)|
|Children||17, including John, William, Sherard, Robert, and Charles|
John Manners, 1st Duke of Rutland|
Catherine Wriothesley Noel
John Manners, 2nd Duke of Rutland KG (18 September 1676 – 22 February 1721) was the son of John Manners, 1st Duke of Rutland and his third wife Catherine Wriothesley Noel, daughter of Baptist Noel, 3rd Viscount Campden. He was styled Lord Roos from 1679 until 1703 and Marquess of Granby from 1703 until 1711.
- John Manners, 3rd Duke of Rutland (1696–1779)
- Lord William Manners (1697–1772)
- Lord Edward Manners
- Lord Thomas Manners (d. 1723)
- Lord Wriothesley Manners
- Lady Catherine Manners (d. 18 February 1780), married on 29 October 1726 Henry Pelham and had issue.
- Lady Elizabeth Manners (1709 – 22 March 1730), married John Monckton, 1st Viscount Galway and had issue.
- Lady Rachel Manners (d. c. 1723)
- Lady Frances Manners, married Hon. Richard Arundell, son of John Arundell, 2nd Baron Arundell of Trerice.
He married, secondly, Lucy Sherard, daughter of Bennet Sherard, 2nd Baron Sherard, on 1 January 1713. They had eight children:
- Lord Sherard Manners (c. 1713 – 13 January 1742)
- Lord James Manners (1720 – 1 November 1790)
- Lord George Manners (d. December 1721)
- Lady Caroline Manners (d. 10 November 1769), married on 2 October 1734 Sir Henry Harpur, 5th Baronet (d. 1748), married on 17 July 1753 Sir Robert Burdett, 4th Baronet (d. 1797).
- Lady Lucy Manners (c. 1717 – 18 June 1788), married on 28 October 1742, in London, William Graham, 2nd Duke of Montrose and had issue.
- Lord Robert Manners (c. 1721 – 31 May 1782), married on 1 January 1756 Mary Digges and had issue
- Lord Henry Manners (d. 1745)
- Lord Charles Manners (d. 1761)
- Manners genealogy(Link out of Date)
-  (New link requires registration/payment)
- Leigh Rayment's Peerage Pages [self-published source][better source needed]
|This biography of a duke or duchess in the peerage of England is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Member of the Parliament of England (up to 1707) is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Member of the Parliament of Great Britain (1707–1800) representing an English constituency is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|