John Matthews (bishop)
He was born on 26 March 1900, educated at St John's College, Auckland and Moore Theological College  and ordained in 1926. After a curacy at Christ Church, Sydney he was Priest in charge at St Mary’s Fitzroy, Melbourne then Vicar of St James’, Calcutta. From 1938 to 1942 he was Principal of the Bishop Westcott Boys' School in Namkum then a Royal Air Force Chaplain. After World War II he was Vicar of St Bartholomew’s, Ipswich then Archdeacon of Rockhampton before his ordination to the episcopate. He died in 1978.
- London Gazette (1)
- Recruiting drive to UK in 1961 Archived 10 August 2008 at the Wayback Machine.
- “Who was Who” 1897-2007 London, A & C Black, 1991 ISBN 978-0-19-954087-7
- Crockford's Clerical Directory1940-41 Oxford, OUP, 1941
- Photo of Bishop Matthews on church web-site
- London Gazette
- Australian Electoral Rolls, 1903-1954
- Consecration details Archived 12 October 2009 at the Wayback Machine.
- National Library of Australia
|Anglican Communion titles|
Wilfrid John Hudson
|Bishop of Carpentaria
Ernest Eric Hawkey
|This article about an individual Australian Anglican bishop or archbishop is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|