John Vincent McCanny CBE, FREng, FRS, MRIA (born 25 June 1952) is a British Professor of Microelectronics Engineering at Queen’s University Belfast, and director of the Institute of Electronics, Communications and Information Technology.
He earned a BSc from the University of Manchester in 1973, a PhD in Physics from the University of Ulster in 1978, and a DSc in Electrical and Electronics Engineering from Queen's University Belfast in 1998.
He is on the board of Amphion Semiconductor Ltd.
Honours and awards
- 1999 He was elected a Fellow of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers.
- 2002 He was elected a Fellow of the Royal Society 
- 2003 He won the "RDS - Irish Times Boyle Medal for Scientific Excellence".
- 2006 He was awarded the Faraday Medal by the Institution of Engineering and Technology.
- 2011 He was awarded the Cunningham Medal by the Royal Irish Academy.
- In 1995 He was elected a Fellow of the Royal Academy of Engineering
- "List of Fellows".
- John McCanny - RDS
- Business Card
- John McCanny: Executive Profile & Biography - Businessweek
- Prof John McCanny, CBE, FRS, FREng Authorised Biography | Debrett's People of Today
- "Fellows of the Royal Society" (PDF). Royal Society. Retrieved 28 July 2013.
- Royal Irish Academy | News Archive | Cunningham Medal Awarded to Professor John V. McCanny, MRIA
|This article about an engineer, inventor or industrial designer from the United Kingdom or its predecessor states is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|