John Metchie III
|Alabama Crimson Tide – No. 8|
|High school||St. James School, Maryland|
|Height||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Weight||195 lb (88 kg)|
|Career highlights and awards|
Metchie was born in Taiwan and lived in Ghana and Canada before moving to the United States to attend high school. He attended St. James School, Maryland in Hagerstown, Maryland and spent a post-graduate year at the Peddie School in Hightstown, New Jersey. Metchie committed to the University of Alabama to play college football.
- "Canadian John Metchie defies the odds to become top U.S. football recruit". Toronto Sun.
- NJ.com, Todderick Hunt | NJ Advance Media for (May 22, 2018). "4-star WR Metchie to Peddie | Is he now N.J.'s best WR?". nj.
- Parasiliti, Bob. "Saint James grad Metchie commits to Alabama". Herald-Mail Media.
- Casagr, Michael; Mcasagr, E. (July 7, 2018). "Alabama gets commitment from 4-star WR". al.
- "John Metchie already adding to Alabama's continuing run of stellar receivers". timesfreepress.com.
- News, Brett Hudson The Tuscaloosa. "Crimson Tide's Metchie shows star potential". TimesDaily.
- "When Alabama Needed Its No. 3 Receiver, John Metchie Answered the Call". SI.com.
|This biographical article relating to an American football wide receiver is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|