Milhiser performing at the Peoples Improv Theater in 2011
November 29, 1981 |
Belle Mead, New Jersey
Life and career
He has been a regular performer at the Upright Citizens Brigade Theater since 2005, where he was a member of the sketch comedy group Serious Lunch, who have been featured on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon and Attack of the Show. Milhiser is a native of Belle Mead, New Jersey and he graduated from Montgomery High School in Skillman, New Jersey. He later attended Hofstra University, where he graduated in 2004 as a Film Studies and Production major and was a member of Sigma Pi fraternity.
Milhiser made his debut on Saturday Night Live on the September 28, 2013 season premiere hosted by Tina Fey with musical guest Arcade Fire. His celebrity impressions included Jon Cryer, Matthew McConaughey, Verne Troyer (as Mini-Me from the Austin Powers movies), Justin Timberlake, and Billie Joe Armstrong. On July 15, 2014, it was announced that Milhiser's contract with SNL was not renewed and he would not be returning as a cast member.
In 2014, Milhiser appeared in a supporting role in the indie film Camp Takota starring comedians Grace Helbig, Hannah Hart and Mamrie Hart. He has also made guest appearances on television programs such as Adam Ruins Everything, 2 Broke Girls, Netflix Original Series Love, and Other Space.
- "John Milhiser - About - Saturday Night Live - NBC". NBC. Retrieved July 15, 2014.
- Abramovich, Seth (11 September 2013). "Cheat Sheet: Get to Know the 5 New Faces of 'SNL'". The Live Feed. The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 7 October 2013.
- Walter, Geoffrey (17 September 2013). "Hofstra Graduate Cast on New Season of 'SNL'". Bellmore Patch: News: Around Bellmore. Patch. Retrieved 7 October 2013.
- "Notable Alumni - Sigma Pi Fraternity". Sigma Pi Fraternity.
- O'Neal, Sean (July 15, 2014). "Noël Wells and John Milhiser Are Also Leaving Saturday Night Live". The A.V. Club. Retrieved July 19, 2014.
|This article about an American comedian is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|