John Mitchell (ice hockey, born 1986)
|This article is being considered for deletion in accordance with Wikipedia's deletion policy.
Please share your thoughts on the matter at this article's entry on the Articles for deletion page.
Feel free to edit the article, but the article must not be blanked, and this notice must not be removed, until the discussion is closed. For more information, particularly on merging or moving the article during the discussion, read the guide to deletion.
July 10, 1986 |
Neenah, WI, USA
|Height||6 ft 6 in (198 cm)|
|Weight||223 lb (101 kg; 15 st 13 lb)|
Prior to turning professional, Mitchell attended the University of Wisconsin–Madison where he played four seasons of college hockey with the NCAA Division I Wisconsin Badgers men's ice hockey team. On September 29, 2013, Mitchell, along with a draft pick, was traded to the Washington Capitals in exchange for forward Mathieu Perreault. He was then reassigned directly to the Hershey Bears AHL training camp.
On the eve of the 2013–14 NHL trade deadline, Mitchell was included by the Capitals in the trade of Martin Erat to Arizona Coyotes in exchange for Chris Brown, Rostislav Klesla and a fourth-round pick in 2015 NHL Entry Draft on March 4, 2014. He was then assigned to the Portland Pirates of the American Hockey League (AHL).
On August 5, 2014, the Dundee Stars of the EIHL announced they had signed Mitchell to a one-year contract.
|2004–05||Green Bay Gamblers||USHL||42||6||5||11||22||—||—||—||—||—|
|2005–06||Green Bay Gamblers||USHL||6||0||1||1||6||—||—||—||—||—|
|2006–07||University of Wisconsin||WCHA||18||1||2||3||21||—||—||—||—||—|
|2007–08||University of Wisconsin||WCHA||40||8||5||13||49||—||—||—||—||—|
|2008–09||University of Wisconsin||WCHA||40||15||11||26||118||—||—||—||—||—|
|2009–10||University of Wisconsin||WCHA||41||8||11||19||54||—||—||—||—||—|
- "Crunch Ink Three Players to AHL Deals". OurSportsCentral.com. 2011-12-03. Retrieved 2012-04-15.
- "Washington Capitals trade Mathieu Perreault to Anaheim Ducks in exchange for John Mitchell, draft pick". pennlive.com. 2013-09-29. Retrieved 2013-09-29.
- "Caps trade disgruntled Erat to Coyotes for Klesla, Brown". The Sports Network. 2014-03-04. Retrieved 2014-03-04.
- "John Mitchell is Dundee Stars' 8th import". Dundee Stars. August 5, 2014. Retrieved August 5, 2014.
- John Mitchell career statistics at EliteProspects.com
- John Mitchell career statistics at The Internet Hockey Database
|This biographical article relating to an American ice hockey player is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|