John Mogg, Baron Mogg
|The Right Honourable
The Lord Mogg
|Born||John Frederick Mogg
5 October 1943
John Frederick Mogg, Baron Mogg KCMG (5 October 1943) is a previous Chairman of Ofgem and the current Chairman of the EU Energy Regulators. It was announced that he would become a life peer on 18 April 2008, and on 28 May 2008 he was created Baron Mogg, of Queen’s Park in the county of East Sussex.
Mogg spent half of his career in the Civil Service, particularly with regards to industry and European issues. He has served on the European Commission, reaching the post of Director General for the Internal Market and Financial Services. Mogg is also currently Chair of the Board of Governors at the University of Brighton.
He was appointed a Knight Commander of the Order of St Michael and St George (KCMG) in 2003.
In his previous role as chairman of energy regulator Ofgem (a three-day-a-week job), he received £214,999 a year salary, as revealed to the public in July 2010.
- Mr John Mogg (1943–2003)
- Sir John Mogg KCMG (2003–2008)
- The Rt. Hon. The Lord Mogg KCMG (2008–)
- House of Lords Appointments Commission – New Non-Party-Political Peers (2008), House of Lords Appointments Commission, London, UK, viewed 8 May 2008, http://www.lordsappointments.gov.uk/news/080418_peers.aspx
- "No. 58671". The London Gazette. 18 April 2008. p. 6001.
- "No. 58713". The London Gazette. 30 May 2008. p. 8159.
- "No. 56963". The London Gazette (Supplement). 18 April 2008. p. 3.
- "Quango chiefs' salaries revealed". BBC News. 2 July 2010. Retrieved 2 July 2010.