John Mullin (journalist)
Mullin is deputy head of sport at The Telegraph, and was BBC Scotland's referendum editor during the independence campaign in 2013-2014. He was editor of The Independent on Sunday for six years; executive editor on The Independent for four; and deputy editor of The Scotsman for two years until 2003.
Mullin studied at the University of Glasgow, where he was editor of the Glasgow University Guardian. His first paid job in journalism was at the Western Morning News, then in 1987 became a business reporter at The Independent. He moved to The Guardian, where he worked for ten years, latterly as Ireland correspondent, before his appointment in 2000 as Deputy Editor of The Scotsman. He returned to The Independent in 2003 as Executive Editor, and was appointed as Editor of The Independent on Sunday in 2008.
- Willing's Press Guide (1988), p.172
- "Scotsman deputy poached by Independent Archived 2011-06-16 at the Wayback Machine.", Press Gazette, 17 January 2003
- Stephen Brook, "John Mullin appointed Independent on Sunday editor", The Guardian, 24 January 2008
- Josh Halliday and Lisa O'Carroll "Independent on Sunday editor exits as Lebedev papers go seven-day", The Guardian, 12 February 2013
- Angela Haggerty "Appointment of Lisa Markwell as editor of Independent on Sunday announced by owner via Twitter", The Drum, 26 April 2013
| Editor of The Independent on Sunday
2008 - 2013