|John Ogar Odey|
|Federal Minister of Information and Communications|
26 July 2007 – 17 December 2008
|Preceded by||Frank Nweke|
|Succeeded by||Dora Akunyili|
|Federal Minister of Environment and Housing|
17 December 2008 – 7 October 2018
|Preceded by||Halima Tayo Alao|
|Born||1 November 1959|
|Died||7 October 2018(aged 58)|
John Ogar Odey (November 1, 1959 – 7 October 2018) was appointed Nigerian minister of information and communications in July 2007, and became minister for environment in December 2008 after President Umaru Yar'Adua reshuffled his cabinet.
Odey graduated with a B.Sc. in banking and finance from the University of Calabar in 1986. He has been active within the media, with positions such as general manager for South-South Communication and chairman of News Agency of Nigeria. He was appointed National Publicity Secretary of the People's Democratic Party (PDP) in 2004.
He served as minister of information and communications and then as minister for the environment in the cabinet of Umaru Yar'Adua. In March 2010, he handed over to the permanent secretary for the ministry of environment after Vice President Goodluck Jonathan dissolved his cabinet.
- Former PDP Spokesman, John Odey Has Passed Away
- "Yar'Adua names cabinet". Africa News. 27 July 2007. Archived from the original on 28 September 2011. Retrieved 2009-12-15.
- Nosike Ogbuenyi, Abimbola Akosile and Sufuyan Ojeifo (19 December 2008). "Yar'Adua Renews His Mission". ThisDay. Retrieved 2010-03-27.
- Yemi Adebowale (July 7, 2007). "All the president's men". ThisDay. Archived from the original on July 11, 2007. Retrieved 2010-03-27.
- "Odey hands over Environment Ministry to Olorunfemi". The Punch. 19 Mar 2010. Retrieved 2010-03-27.[permanent dead link]