This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
John Michael Charles Orchard
15 November 1928
|Died||3 November 1995 (aged 66)|
|Cause of death||Heart attack|
|Known for||Ugly John Black in M*A*S*H|
|Height||6 ft 2 in (188 cm)|
Orchard guest starred as Sgt. Walters on Hogan's Heroes Season 1 entitled "The Prisoner's Prisoner". He also played the minor character "Billet" in a guest spot in Hogan's Heroes Season 2 entitled "Klink's Rocket". Lastly, he appeared in the Hogan's Heroes season four episode "My Favorite Prisoner" guest starring as Captain Sears.
Orchard returned to M*A*S*H years after Ugly John was dropped from the series, albeit only once, playing Muldoon, an Australian non-commissioned officer and regular at Rosie's Bar who allowed the establishment to operate provided he received free liquor when he ordered "coffee". Maj. Winchester, who was tending bar in that episode, was unaware of this little game and had the audacity to charge Muldoon for his drink, soon after which Rosie's was temporarily closed down.
Orchard also played a Kaos agent, Mr Snead (a take-off from The Avengers) on the season 3 Get Smart episode "Run Robot Run". He also was in an episode in the 2nd season of Mannix entitled "All Around the Money Tree".
Married to Carol Randall, father to Sarah Orchard, grandfather to Kayleigh and Jason Pennington.
- I Believe in You (1952) - Braxton
- The Gentle Gunman (1952) - Sentry (uncredited)
- The Feminine Touch (1956) - (uncredited)
- Strange Bedfellows (1965) - Radio Dispatcher
- King Rat (1965) - Gurble
- The Whisperers (1967) - Grogan
- The Thomas Crown Affair (1968) - John - Crown's Butler (uncredited)
- The Split (1968) - Guard (uncredited)
- Ice Station Zebra (1968) - Survivor
- The Molly Maguires (1970) - Man in Court Room (uncredited)
- The Revolutionary (1970)
- Raid on Rommel (1971) - Garth
- Bedknobs and Broomsticks (1971) - Portobello Vendor
- Madame Sin (1972) - Revolutionary
- Columbo: Dagger of the Mind (1972) - Country Constable
- Cleopatra Jones (1973) - British Agent (uncredited)
- That Man Bolt (1973) - Carter
- Capone (1975) - Dean O'Banion
- Gus (1976) - Pemberton Captain
- The Letter (1982, TV film) - Annoyed Man
- Rustlers' Rhapsody (1985) - Town Sheriff (final film role)
|This article about a film and TV actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|