John P. Dolan
John Patrick Dolan
|Auxiliary Bishop of San Diego|
Titular Bishop of Uchi Maius
|Appointed||April 19, 2017|
|Installed||June 8, 2017|
|Other posts||Titular Bishop of Uchi Maius|
|Ordination||July 1, 1989|
|Consecration||June 8, 2017|
by Robert W. McElroy, Robert Brom, and Richard John Garcia
|Born||June 8, 1962|
San Diego, California
|Motto||Abide in my Love|
John Patrick Dolan
|Spoken style||Your Excellency|
Early life and education
Dolan attended the School of the Madeleine at St. Mary Magdalene Parish in San Diego. He attended the University of San Diego High School and, after graduating in 1981, he enrolled in St. Francis Seminary, a house of formation on the University of San Diego (USD) campus. After graduating with a B.A. in Philosophy in 1985, he entered Saint Patrick's Seminary and University in Menlo Park, California. After completing his Masters of Divinity and Master of Arts in Theology in 1989, he was ordained for the Diocese of San Diego.
Auxiliary Bishop of San Diego
On April 19, 2017, Pope Francis appointed Dolan auxiliary bishop for the Diocese of San Diego and titular bishop of the Diocese of Uchi Maius. On June 8, 2017, Dolan was consecrated as bishop and is currently both Vicar General and Vicar for Clergy and Moderator of the Curia.
- "Pope Francis Accepts Resignation of Bishop Martin Amos Of Davenport; Names Msgr. Thomas Zinkula As Successor; Pope Also Names Rev. John Dolan As Auxiliary Bishop of San Diego". Retrieved April 19, 2017.
- "Pope Francis appoints Father John Dolan as our new auxiliary bishop - April 19, 2017". Retrieved April 19, 2017.
- Bishop John Patrick Dolan (Catholic-Hierarchy.org; David P. Cheney)
- Roman Catholic Diocese of San Diego official website
- School of the Madeline
- Christ in our Neighborhood
|Catholic Church titles|
| Auxiliary Bishop of San Diego