John Parry (American football official)
Parry (left) with Rosevelt Colvin in 2008.
|Born||c. 1965 (age 50–51)|
|Occupation||NFL official (2000-present)|
John Parry (born c. 1965) is an American football official in the National Football League (NFL) since the 2000 NFL season. Parry officiated Super Bowl XLI in 2007 as a side judge on the crew headed by referee Tony Corrente. Following this game, he was promoted to referee for the 2007 NFL season following the retirement of Bill Vinovich due to health issues. He wears uniform number 132.
Parry is a native of Michigan City, Indiana and a graduate of Michigan City Rogers High School. Currently, Parry is a resident of Akron, Ohio; he is also an associate Financial Advisor for Ameriprise Financial in suburban Tallmadge. His father, Dave Parry, was the Supervisor of Officials for the Big Ten Conference, and the side judge in Super Bowl XVII.
Parry's 2016 NFL officiating crew consists of umpire Mark Pellis, head linesman John McGarth, line judge Jeff Seeman, field judge Jabir Walker, side judge Keith Washington, and back judge Perry Paganelli.
Parry worked the Patriots-Eagles preseason game in 2014 and part of his crew, serving as head linesman, was one of the first female NFL officials, Maia Chaka.
Parry was the referee of the 2015 Pro Bowl.
Parry's crew officiated the 2016 AFC Wild card game between the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Cincinnati Bengals, which was filled with injuries and personal fouls on both sides, and which sportswriter Mike Freeman later called "one of the dirtiest and ugliest contests in the modern era of the sport".
- Volin, Ben (August 4, 2007). "NBA ref scandal 'a wake-up call'". The Palm Beach Post. Retrieved September 3, 2007.
- "Corrente to referee Super Bowl". Associated Press. January 31, 2007. Retrieved September 3, 2007.
- "Ask the Official". Inside Football. August 12, 2007. Archived from the original on July 24, 2008. Retrieved October 13, 2016.
- "Super Stage". The News-Dispatch. February 14, 2012. Retrieved February 26, 2012.
- John Parry, Associate Financial Advisor with the practice of Keith Lucas – Ameriprise Financial Services, Inc.
- Austro, Ben (May 23, 2016). "Officiating crews for the 2016 season". Football Zebras. Retrieved October 13, 2016.
- Full box score and list of referees for Eagles-Patriots 2014 preseason game
- Wesseling, Chris. "Steelers narrowly escape Cincinnati with win". NFL.com. NFL Enterprises, LLC. Retrieved January 10, 2016.
- Freeman, Mike (January 10, 2016). "Disgraceful Bengals Loss in Ugly Playoff Could Cost Coach Marvin Lewis His Job". bleacherreport.com. Cincinnati: Bleacher Report, Inc. Retrieved January 10, 2016.