John Paul Mitchell Systems
|Revenue||$1 billion (2015)|
Number of employees
John Paul Mitchell Systems (JPMS) is an American manufacturer of hair care products and styling tools through several brands including Paul Mitchell, Tea Tree, and MITCH.
John Paul Mitchell Systems was founded in 1980 by John Paul DeJoria and Paul Mitchell. The company was formerly located in Beverly Hills, California; its world headquarters is now in Century City, California, with its operations facility in Santa Clarita, California. The company also operates its Paul Mitchell Schools, with 100 locations throughout the United States.
In 2016, JPMS partnered with YouCam Makeup to create an app that allowed people to virtually experiment with their hair color.
In January 2018, JPMS announced a partnership with PS Salon & Spa.
- Welch, Liz (2013-05-22). "How I Run My Beauty Empire Without Email". Inc.com. Retrieved 2019-09-20.
- Bosak, Chris (2018-10-03). "Paul Mitchell the School leaving Danbury". NewsTimes. Retrieved 2019-09-20.
- Feldman, Dana. "John Paul DeJoria: 5 Ways To Make Your First Million While Being Green". Forbes. Retrieved 2019-09-20.
- "John Paul Dejoria". www.cnbc.com. Retrieved 2019-09-20.
- Nast, Condé. "Paul Mitchell Launches Virtual-Hair App". Allure. Retrieved 2019-09-20.
- Wiener-Bronner, Danielle (2018-04-09). "He was living in his car. He cofounded a hair care empire - and Patrón. Now he's a billionaire". CNNMoney. Retrieved 2019-09-20.
- "Featured Cruelty-Free Company: John Paul Mitchell Systems". PETA. 2010-06-28. Retrieved 2019-09-20.
- Nelson, Mary Kate (2018-01-09). "Paul Mitchell Becomes Latest Brand Name in Senior Living". Senior Housing News. Retrieved 2019-09-20.