This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification, as its only attribution is to IMDb. (April 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
July 27, 1942 |
New York City, New York, U.S.
|Alma mater||Brown University|
|Relatives||Suzanne Pleshette (cousin)|
John Pleshette (born July 27, 1942) is an American actor and screenwriter, best known for his role as Richard Avery on the television drama Knots Landing, and for portraying Lee Harvey Oswald in the TV movie The Trial of Lee Harvey Oswald. Pleshette also wrote several scripts for Knots Landing in the 1980s.
In a television acting career spanning decades, Pleshette has appeared in such shows as The Rockford Files; Kojak; Magnum P.I.; Simon & Simon; Murder, She Wrote; MacGyver; Beauty and the Beast; L.A. Law; The Larry Sanders Show; Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman; ER; NYPD Blue; The Sopranos; Law & Order: LA and Curb Your Enthusiasm. Pleshette played Lee Harvey Oswald in the television film The Trial of Lee Harvey Oswald (1977), and appeared in the TV miniseries Seventh Avenue the same year. In 1979, he was cast in the role of Richard Avery on Knots Landing. Series creator David Jacobs was acquainted with Pleshette's work, and Pleshette was married to literary agent Lynn Pleshette, Jacobs' ex-wife. Pleshette appeared on Knots Landing for four seasons (1979–83), and returned briefly in 1987. During the 1980s, he wrote several scripts for the series.
Pleshette also appeared in the Blake Edwards comedy S.O.B. (1981), and Micki & Maude (1984). He appeared in the episode 'The Judas Bug" of the ABC crime drama The Feather and Father Gang in 1977, and in MacGyver in the Season Two episode "D.O.A.: MacGyver".
- End of the Road (1970) - Finkle
- Irish Whiskey Rebellion (1972) - Kinch
- Parades (1972) - Murray
- House Calls (1978) - Theatrical agent
- Rocky II (1979) - Aftershave Commercial Director
- S.O.B. (1981) - Capitol Studios Vice-President
- Micki & Maude (1984) - Hap Ludlow
- Paramedics (1988) - Doctor Lido
- Vietnam, Texas (1990) - Harold
- Eye of the Stranger (1993) - Joe
- Born to Be Wild (1995) - Donald Carr
- The Curse of Inferno (1997) - Mr. Wizzard
- The Truman Show (1998) - Network Executive
- The Day Lincoln Was Shot (1998, TV Movie) - Secretary of State William Henry Seward
- Detonator (2003) - Stuart Newman
- The Failures (2003) - Principal Holbrook
- Sex and Breakfast (2007) - Older Man in Elevator
- Gentlemen Broncos (2009) - Merve
- "S.O.B. (1981)". IMDb.com. Retrieved 21 October 2017.
- "Stefanie Powers Official Website - Feather and Father Gang". Stefaniepowersonline.com. Retrieved 21 October 2017.
|This article about an American television actor or actress born in the 1940s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|