John Pratt (footballer)
|Full name||John Arthur Pratt|
|Date of birth||26 June 1948|
|Place of birth||Hackney, London, England|
|Height||5 ft 7 in (1.70 m)|
|1980–1982||Portland Timbers (indoor)||35||(3)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
Tottenham Hotspur career
Pratt signed for the club as a junior in November, 1965. He made his debut in April 1969 against Arsenal. Making 415 appearances and scoring 49 goals in all competitions in 11 seasons at the club. He always gave 100% in his midfield duties but was often made the scapegoat when Spurs performed poorly, and never quite winning over certain sections of the White Hart Lane crowd. In his career at Spurs he played in every outfield position.
Bill Nicholson quote
|“||I had been getting it in the neck a bit from some of the sections of the crowd at Spurs but Bill expected his players to be men, and he said that the crowd paid our wages and were entitled to have their opinions. So one day, before I was due to play my first game at Old Trafford, I asked him what I could expect. He replied that it would just be like playing at Spurs, except that up there 55,000 people would hate me, whereas at Spurs it was only 45,000! ||”|
|— John Pratt|
He runs a window cleaning company and has gone into partnership with ex–Spur Mark Falco in an asbestos clearing concern. Pratt was a regular for the clubs Old Boys XI. Since a knee and ankle injury his duties at the club are restricted to working in hospitality and as an unofficial team coach.
- 1972 UEFA Cup Final Winner. Substitute in 1st Leg.
- 1973 Football League Cup Final Winner.
- 1974 UEFA Cup Final Runner-up. Played in both legs.
- Hugman,B,J, (Ed) The PFA Premier& Football League Players' Records 1946-2005 (2005) ISBN 1-85291-665-6 p500
- Sunday Times article 11 April, 2010 Retrieved 12 April 2010
- Players quotes Archived 8 August 2008 at the Wayback Machine. Retrieved August 21, 2008
- Portland Timbers players Retrieved 19 August 2008
- Where are they now? Retrieved 19 August 2008