John R. Hall (author)
|Dr. John R. Hall|
Photo of Hall, 2012
John Robert Hall III|
March 5, 1975
Tarzana, Los Angeles, California
|Occupation||Author, Chief Executive Officer, University Trustee|
University of Southern California
|Genre||Self-help, Special Education|
John R. Hall Ed.D. (born John Robert Hall III March 5, 1975) is an American author and co-founder of Greenwood & Hall perhaps best known for his work with Am I Still Autistic, a self-help book he authored in 2011. Hall also serves as a trustee for Chicago, Illinois based Roosevelt University and was appointed to the California Interagency Coordinating Council by Governor Jerry Brown in April 2014.
Hall began his professional career at the age of 18, working full-time at a small telephone answering service in Malibu, California, while attending Pepperdine University. In 1998, Hall co-founded Greenwood & Hall, which is now an educational technology company headquartered in Los Angeles, California. Hall served as Greenwood & Hall's chief executive officer until July 2017.
Hall earned his B.A. in Political Science in 1997 as well as a Masters in Business Administration in 2002, from Pepperdine University. He also earned his Doctorate in Education from the University of Southern California in 2012.
- "Greenwood & Hall Leadership Team". Archived from the original on 29 June 2014. Retrieved 28 June 2014.
- "Autistic Author: How I Battled Through It". Fox 11 News LA. 7 November 2012. Archived from the original on 3 April 2015. Retrieved 28 June 2014.
- "Board of Trustees". Roosevelt University. Archived from the original on 15 July 2014. Retrieved 28 June 2014.
- "Governor Brown Announces Appointments". Retrieved 28 June 2014.
- Najarian, J.W. (22 December 2012). "John Hall Diagnosed with Autism and Mental Retardation, Became a Success Story". On Purpose Magazine. Retrieved 28 June 2014.
- Hall, John (1 July 2011). Am I Still Autistic: How a Low-Functioning, Slightly Retarded Toddler Became the CEO of a Multi-Million Dollar Corporation (First ed.). Santa Monica, CA: Opportunities In Education, LLC. ISBN 978-0615504667.
- "Hall EdD '12 appointed to Interagency Coordinating Council on Early Intervention". USC Rossier School of Education. Retrieved 28 June 2014.
- Am I Still Autistic?: How a Low-Functioning, Slightly Retarded Toddler Became the CEO of a Multi-Million Dollar Corporation, Dr. John R. Hall. Opportunities In Education, LLC., Santa Monica. 2011 ISBN 978-0615504667
- TEDx Manhattan Beach: Journey To Purpose, 13 October 2012