The John R. Wooden Classic was an annual college basketball event hosted by the Honda Center in Anaheim, California. Named after coach John Wooden, the event featured a December neutral-site doubleheader until its final two editions, which were single games.
The Classic was founded in 1994 and named after the former Purdue player and UCLA head coach John Wooden. Typically a doubleheader in December, the Classic was a single game in January in the 2011–12 season due to scheduling conflicts and new owners, Honda Center. The classic returned to December in the 2012–13 season, but was again a single game. Since its inception, the gameswere played in Anaheim, California, at the Honda Center, known earlier as the Arrowhead Pond of Anaheim. In June 2013, the Wooden Classic merged with the DirecTV Classic to form the Wooden Legacy, a three-day, eight-team event.
|Year||Game||Winning team||Score||Losing team|
|2012[a]||—||San Diego State||78–69||UCLA|
|2010||1||Saint Mary's||82–74||Long Beach State|
|2008||1||Saint Mary's||67–64||San Diego State|
|2007||1||Saint Mary's||69–64||San Diego State|
- # indicates number of overtime periods
All-time team records
- As of the 2012–13 John R. Wooden Classic.
|2||San Diego State||4||2|
Standings by School
|2||San Diego State||6|
- Played in December 2012 during the 2012–13 season
- Played in January 2012 during the 2011–12 season
- Plaschke, Bill (January 5, 2012). "A Wooden Classic that sure didn't resemble one". Los Angeles Times. Archived from the original on January 6, 2012.
- Bolch, Ben (April 8, 2011). "UCLA's Wooden Classic shifts to Pac-10 matchup for one year". Los Angeles Times. Archived from the original on January 6, 2012.
- Hammond, Rich (November 30, 2012). "UCLA-Wooden Classic relationship murky". Orange County Register. Archived from the original on December 2, 2012.
- Payne, Terrence (June 4, 2013). "The Wooden Legacy an all new tournament to begin this year". NBCSports.com. Archived from the original on June 4, 2013.