John Rambo (politician)
- This article is about the 17th-18th century politician. For the fictional character John Rambo played by Sylvester Stallone, see John Rambo.
John Rambo was the youngest of eight children born to a Swedish immigrant family. Rambo's father, Peter Gunnarsson Rambo (born in 1612 in Gothenburg, Sweden - died 1698 in Pennsylvania), was one of the first colonists in the Swedish colony of New Sweden. John Rambo was a judge in Gloucester County court from 1695 to 1697. He was also one of the first Swedish-Americans to be elected to the council of New Jersey (1697-1701). In 1685 Rambo married Brigitta Cock (1665-1726), the daughter of Peter Larsson Cock (1610-1687) who a justice on the New Sweden court. John Rambo and his wife had 11 children. 
- Peter Gunnarsson Rambo (Swedish Colonial News, Volume 1, Number 2. Fall 1990) "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-09-01. Retrieved 2016-02-07.
- Peter Larsson Cock (Swedish Colonial News, Volume 1, Number 1 (Spring 1990)
- "Peter Larsson Cock was the first to be married in New Sweden". Intellectual Reserve, Inc. Retrieved December 1, 2015.
- Beatty, Ronald Rambo Family Tree (AuthorHouse; 2 edition. 2008)
|This article about a New Jersey politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|