John Reynolds (musician)
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (March 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
John Reynolds is a record producer. He was the first husband of singer Sinéad O'Connor; they have one child, Jake. Reynolds, formerly a drummer for the solo musician, Jah Wobble, met O'Connor and recorded her first album, The Lion and the Cobra in 1987, and has since collaborated on her I Do Not Want What I Have Not Got (1990), Universal Mother (1994) (for which he was nominated as Q Producer of the Year), the Gospel Oak EP (1997), How About I Be Me (And You Be You)? (2012), and I'm Not Bossy, I'm the Boss (2014).
Reynolds was the drummer for O'Connor's band on her tour of 2013.
He has produced number one hits with Damien Dempsey. He produced the charity song The Ballad of Ronnie Drew by U2, The Dubliners, Kíla, and "A Band of Bowsies" which went straight to number 1 in the Irish single charts. He has recently recorded Herbie Hancock, Indigo Girls and Brian Eno for their July 2011 albums.
John also produced the Emmy Award Winning 'Music of Ireland' companion CD to a two-part PBS documentary series (Welcome Home and Welcome to America) celebrating 50 years of contemporary Irish music, its impact on America and its influence throughout the world. Each program features exclusive interviews, intimate performances and archival clips from some of the greatest Irish artists of our time including: The Chieftains, The Clancy Brothers, The Dubliners, U2, The Cranberries, Celtic Woman, Riverdance, Sinéad O'Connor, Bob Geldof and many others.
Artists produced include:
- Sinéad O'Connor - "Song to the Siren"
- The Chieftains & Moya Brennan - "Lullaby for the Dead"
- Damien Rice - "Under the Tongue"
- Liam Clancy featuring John Sheahan - "The Parting Glass"
- Orla Fallon & Moya Brennan - "Forgotten"
- Glen Hansard - "High Hope"
- Damien Dempsey - "Maasai Returns"
- Andrea Corr - "Oh Brother"
- Andy Irvine & Dónal Lunny - "Blacksmith"
- Paul Brady - "Dreams Will Come"
- Shane MacGowan & Moya Brennan - "You're the One"
- Anúna & Moya Brennan featuring Iarla Ó Lionáird - "Is Mise 'n Ghaoth/The Lass of Aughrim"
- Belinda Carlisle - "Voila"