John Richard Sisson
Sisson graduated from Ohio State with a Bachelor of Arts in international studies in 1958 and a Master of Arts in political science in 1960. He went on to the University of California, Berkeley and received a Ph.D. in 1967. After completing his education, Sisson held administrative and academic positions at the United States Military Academy, UCLA, and Ohio State University. At Ohio State Sisson was Provost from 1993 to 1998. Sisson returned to teaching comparative politics at Ohio State University until his retirement in 2002. In 2002 the political science department at Ohio State University honored Sisson as its "Distinguished Alumnus". of the year.
Sisson served as editor alongside Stanley Wolpert of the volume of papers presented at the University of California, Los Angeles March 1984 international conference on the pre Independent phase of the Indian National Congress and published by the University of California Press.
Participating scholars in the conference include Dilip K. Basu, Judith M. Brown, Basudev Chatterji, Walter Huser, Stephen Northrup Hay, Eugene Irschick, Raghavan Iyer, D. A. Low, James Manor, Claude Markovits, John R. McLane, Thomas R. Metcalf, W. H. Morris Jones, V. A. Narain, Norman D. Palmer, Gyanendra Pandey, Bimal Prasad, Barbara N. Ramusack, Rajat Kanta Ray, Peter Reeves, Damodar Sardesai, Sumit Sarkar, Lawrence L. Shrader, William Vanderbok and Eleanor Zelliot.
- "Office of the President: Past Presidents". Ohio State University. Archived from the original on 2009-04-07. Retrieved 2009-04-04.
- "The Department of Political Science Distinguished Alumni Award". Ohio State University. Retrieved 2009-04-04.
- Sisson, Richard; Wolpert, Stanley (1 January 1988). Congress and Indian Nationalism: The Pre-independence Phase. University of California Press. pp. 9–10. ISBN 978-0-520-06041-8.
- Masselos, Jim (Summer 1989). "Congress and Indian Nationalism: The Pre-Independence Phase by Richard Sisson; Stanley Wolpert". Pacific Affairs. 62 (2): 265–266. doi:10.2307/2760602. JSTOR 2760602.
- Kopf, David (Autumn 1989). "Congress and Indian Nationalism: The Pre-Independence Phase by Richard Sisson; Stanley Wolpert". The Journal of Interdisciplinary History. 20 (2): 340–341. doi:10.2307/204875. JSTOR 204875.
- Hirschmann, Edwin (April 1990). "Congress and Indian Nationalism: The Pre-Independence Phase by Richard Sisson; Stanley Wolpert". The American Historical Review. 95 (2): 568–569. doi:10.2307/2163915. JSTOR 2163915.
- Fisher, Michael H. (1988). "Congress and Indian Nationalism: The Pre-Independence Phase by Richard Sisson; Stanley Wolpert". Journal of Asian History. 22 (2): 198–199. JSTOR 41930730.
Elwood Gordon Gee
|Ohio State University President
December 15, 1997 – June 30, 1998
William English Kirwan
|This biography of an American academic administrator is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|