John Roberts (software entrepreneur)
Washington, D.C., USA
|Occupation||X2Engine Inc. CEO, X2Engine CRM|
John Roberts (born 1966, in Washington, D.C., USA) is an American software entrepreneur. He is the founder and CEO of X2Engine CRM an open source based Customer Relationship Management CRM software company in 2011. X2Engine is a CRM system including a marketing automation, sales, and service application based on an open source php software project. X2Engine has more 11,000 server installations spanning 160 countries. Previously John co-founded SugarCRM, serving on both the board of directors and as CEO.
Prior to founding X2Engine Inc in 2011, John cofounded and was CEO of SugarCRM Inc from 2004 to 2009, Roberts worked at various customer relationship management vendors, including E.piphany, BroadVision, Baan/Aurum Software and IBM. He has a degree in Business from Virginia Commonwealth University. He has also co-authored several software engineering patents.
John lives in Santa Cruz, California and is an active cyclist, sailor and motorcyclist.
X2Engine web application
5.0.4 / February 5, 2015
|Available in||multilingual (~20)|
|Type||Customer Relationship Management|
X2Engine (also known as X2CRM) is a web application developed by the software company X2Engine, which located in Santa Cruz, California and founded by software entrepreneur John Roberts. X2Engine is Customer Relationship Management application designed for Sales, Marketing and Customer Service use. It also includes a custom module developer studio and a workflow engine. As of January 2015, X2Engine has been installed on more the 14,000 servers across 160 countries.
X2Engine was created as new open source CRM project in 2011. The company was founded by John Roberts, SugarCRM co-founder and former CEO. The company offers both a free, open source licensed edition and commercial hosted and downloadable editions.
- "SugarCRM Executive Team: John Roberts". SugarCRM. Retrieved 2008-07-14.
- "Santa Cruz CRM? Think X2Engine". Santa Cruz Sentinel. Retrieved 8 January 2015.
- "X2Engine Adds Marketing Capabilities to its Open-Source CRM Alternative". destinationcrm.com. Retrieved 8 January 2015.
- "X2Engine Introduces X2CRM Version 3.5". tmcnet.com. Retrieved 8 January 2015.
- "SugarCRM co-founder brings expertise to X2Engine". santacruztechbeat.com. Retrieved 8 January 2015.
- "Five open source tools to help you manage your customers". techrepublic.com. Retrieved 8 January 2015.
- "10 HubSpot Alternatives for Marketing Automation Under $100". viktorsblog.com. Retrieved 8 January 2015.
- Johnson, E.; Works, S.C.; Holladay, T.; Swinnerton, M.; Zwierzynski, E. (2014). Instant Magazine: Produced by Santa Cruz Works. Instant Magazine. Santa Cruz Works. p. 41. Retrieved June 29, 2017.