John Rogers (writer)
|Born||Worcester, Massachusetts, U.S.|
|Residence||Los Angeles, California, U.S.|
|Alma mater||McGill University|
|Occupation||Writer, director, producer|
John Rogers is a screenwriter, television producer, television director, comedian, and comic book writer. He is best known as the creator of the television series Leverage (2008–2012), The Librarians (2014–present), and The Player (2015).
Early life and education
Rogers wrote the first draft of the script for the live-action movie Transformers, released in 2007. He wrote an early screenplay for Catwoman and created the cartoon series Jackie Chan Adventures. He also co-wrote the science fiction adventure film The Core. In 2004 Rogers wrote and executive-produced a television pilot based on the graphic novel Global Frequency. Although the pilot was never aired on network television, it was leaked onto the internet and accrued an international fan base. He created and served as executive producer for the TNT television series Leverage, which ran for five seasons from 2008 to 2012.
Apart from his work in movies and television, Rogers has also worked in the comic book industry. In March 2006, he co-created the new Blue Beetle, Jaime Reyes, in the relaunch of the Blue Beetle comic book for DC Comics with plotter Keith Giffen and artist Cully Hamner. He has also written comics for BOOM! Studios. Rogers' stories are included in BOOM!'s Zombie Tales, Cthulhu Tales, Pirate Tales and What Were They Thinking? anthologies. Rogers currently writes the Dungeons & Dragons comic series for IDW Publishing.
|2001||American Outlaws||Screenplay||With Roderick Taylor|
|2003||The Core||Written by||With Cooper Layne|
|2004||Catwoman||Screenplay||With Theresa Rebeck and John Brancato & Michael Ferris|
|2007||Transformers||Story||With Roberto Orci & Alex Kurtzman|
|1996–1999||Cosby||Yes||Yes||Writer (7 episodes), executive story editor; producer, co-producer|
|2000–2005||Jackie Chan Adventures||Yes||Co-creator; writer (2 episodes)|
|2002||Red Skies||Yes||Yes||Writer (TV movie)|
|2005||Global Frequency||Yes||Yes||Creator, pilot|
"Before I Forget"
|2008–2012||Leverage||Yes||Yes||Yes||Co-creator; writer (16 episodes), director (4 episodes)|
|2014–present||The Librarians||Yes||Yes||Developer; writer (7 episodes)|
|2015||The Player||Yes||Yes||Co-creator; writer (1 episode)|
- Barton, Steve (2009-12-22). "John Rogers Transforms the forgotten Graphic Novel for the Big Screen". Dread Central. Retrieved 2013-04-16.
- Manning, Shaun (November 1, 2010). "John Rogers Plays 'Dungeons and Dragons'". Comic Book Resources.
- "Manual of the Planes Spotlight Interview". Wizards.com. 2008-12-08. Retrieved 2013-04-16.
- Oxman, Steven (2002-08-07). "Review: 'Red Skies'". Variety. Retrieved 2016-05-18.
- Andreeva, Nellie (2011-08-12). "TNT Renews Drama 'Leverage' For Season 5". Deadline. Retrieved 2016-05-18.
- Andreeva, Nellie (2014-04-10). "TNT Greenlights 'The Librarian' Offshoot Series Starring Rebecca Romijn; Noah Wyle Closes Deal To EP, Recur As Flynn Carsen". Deadline. Retrieved 2016-05-18.
- Andreeva, Nellie (2015-05-09). "'The Player' & 'Game Of Silence' Picked Up, 'The Night Shift' Renewed At NBC". Deadline. Retrieved 2016-05-18.
- John Rogers at the Internet Movie Database
- John Rogers' personal weblog
- Silverbulletcomics.com interview
|This Dungeons & Dragons article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|