John Ross Bowie
|John Ross Bowie|
Bowie at the 2017 San Diego Comic-Con
May 30, 1971|
New York City, New York, U.S.
|Spouse(s)||Jamie Denbo (m. 2004)|
He appeared in What The Bleep Do We Know? opposite Marlee Matlin and made guest appearances on shows such as Reno 911!, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Glee, and Good Luck Charlie. In March 2011 he began a run in a series of commercials for the Ford Motor Company.
Bowie is a regular sketch comedy performer at the Upright Citizens Brigade Theater (UCBT) in New York and Los Angeles. At UCBT he was a member of the sketch troupe "The Naked Babies" with comedians Rob Corddry, Seth Morris, and Brian Huskey. He had a recurring role in Corddry's Adult Swim series Childrens Hospital. A former member of New York pop punk band, Egghead, he worked with Big Bang Theory co-star Kevin Sussman to create two television comedies, The Ever After Part and The Second Coming of Rob.
|2004||Blackballed: The Bobby Dukes Story||Daniel Benjamin|
|What the Bleep Do We Know!?||Elliot|
|2005||Life of the Party||Bert|
|2006||The Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause||Rory|
|2007||Because I Said So||Cute Food Spewing Guy|
|2008||Sex Drive||Dr. Clark Teddescoe|
|2009||He's Just Not That into You||Dan the Wiccan|
|2013||iSteve||John Sculley||Internet movie|
|The Heat||FBI Agent|
|1999–2000||Upright Citizens Brigade||Various||3 episodes|
|2001||Undeclared||Television Presenter||Episode: "Sick in the Head"|
|2003||A.U.S.A.||Wally Berman||8 episodes|
|2004||Happy Family||CocoNate||Episode: "The Juicer"|
|Joan of Arcadia||Mr. Campbell||Episode: "Do the Math"|
|CSI: NY||Lester Jayne||Episode: "American Dreamers"|
|Charmed||Marcus||Episode: "Once in a Blue Moon"|
|Kevin Hill||Wayne Ellis||Episode: "Making the Grade"|
|Girlfriends||Ian Greenfield||Episode: "Porn to Write"|
|2005||Las Vegas||Adam Clemo||Episode: "Hit Me!"|
|Cheap Seats: Without Ron Parker||Client||Episode: "1995 SuperDogs! Superjocks!"|
|2005–08||Reno 911!||Various characters||4 episodes|
|2006||Psych||George Cheslow||Episode: "Weekend Warriors"|
|CSI: Crime Scene Investigation||Peter Ellis||Episode: "A La Cart"|
|2008||Monk||Tom Donovan||Episode: "Mr. Monk Joins a Cult"|
|The Mighty B!||Integritone 2 (voice)||2 episodes|
|Worst Week||Rob||Episode: "The Apartment"|
|2009||Wizards Of Waverly Place||Simon||Episode: "Fairy Tale"|
|Trust Me||Episode: "Way Beyond the Call"|
|Family Guy||Unnamed character in Shoving Buddies (voice)||Episode: "Peter's Progress"|
|Curb Your Enthusiasm||John Fowler||Episode: "Denise Handicapped"|
|2009–present||The Big Bang Theory||Barry Kripke||Recurring Cast|
|2010||Party Down||Stuart||Episode: "Constance Carmell Wedding"|
|The Glades||Joe Thomas||Episode: "Doppelganger"|
|Weeds||Contest Organiser||Episode: "Pinwheels and Whirligigs"|
|Melissa & Joey||Lewis Scanlon||Episode: "A Fright in the Attic"|
|2010–11||Childrens Hospital||Dr. Max von Sydow||4 episodes|
|2010–13||Good Luck Charlie||Walter||2 episodes|
|2011||The Glee Project||Dennis||Episode: "Individuality"|
|State of Georgia||Professor||Episode: "Pilot"|
|Burn Notice||Paul Burkowski||Episode: "No Good Deed"|
|Bones||Lawrence Deighton||Episode: "The Prince in the Plastic"|
|2012||House of Lies||Spalding Winter||Episode: "Microphallus"|
|Happy Endings||Michael||Episode: "You Snooze, You Bruise"|
|Retired at 35||Jared||7 episodes|
|The League||Dr. Pete Wyland||Episode: "Bro-Lo El Cordero"|
|2012–14||The Exes||Jeff||2 episodes|
|2013||Whitney||Eddie||Episode: "Two Broke Hearts"|
|Brooklyn Nine-Nine||Sister Steve||Episode: "Halloween"|
|2013–15||Sofia the First||Sven the Seahorse (voice)||2 episodes|
|About a Boy||Fiona's Male Boss||Episode: "About a Buble"|
|Hot in Cleveland||Benny||Episode: "Undercover Lovers"|
|Newsreaders||Pat Fenis||Episode: "Roswell, New Mexico; Skip Goes to a Wedding"|
|The Wrong Mans||David Kinsman||4 episodes|
|2014–15||Chasing Life||Paul Peters||7 episodes|
|2015||Marry Me||What's-His-Name||Episode: "Test Me"|
|Fresh Off the Boat||Lance||Episode: "We Done Son"|
|2016||Love||Rob||Episode: "It Begins"|
|Veep||Focus Group Member||Episode: "C**tgate"|
|2016–present||Speechless||Jimmy DiMeo||Main cast|
|2017||Death in Paradise||Tyler McCarthy||Episode: "In the Footsteps of a Killer"|
|I'm Sorry||Episode: "Butt Bumpers"|
|2018||Big Hero 6: The Series||Dr. Mel Meyers (voice)||Episode: "Aunt Cass Goes Out"|
- Jeff Glucker (March 21, 2011). "Videos: Ford hires wisecracking, handsy puppet to promote 2012 Focus". autoblog.com. Retrieved October 18, 2012.
- Profile, Pulse2.com; accessed November 13, 2016.
- David Griner (March 22, 2011). "Lecherous Non-Human Pitching Ford Focus". adweek.blogs.com. Retrieved October 18, 2012.
- Profile, cincinnatiforddealerquotes.com; accessed September 28, 2016.
- Lies, Erica (March 20, 2012). "Talking to Seth Morris About Funny or Die, UCB, and First Dates with Toby Harris". splitsider.com. Retrieved October 18, 2012.
- Wightman, Catriona (October 19, 2011). "'Big Bang Theory' John Ross Bowie, Kevin Sussman developing Fox comedy". digitalspy.co.uk. Retrieved October 18, 2012.
- Goldberg, Lesley (August 29, 2012). "'Big Bang Theory' Duo Sell Semi-Autobiographical Comedy to CBS". hollywoodreporter.com. Retrieved October 18, 2012.
- Bowie, John Ross (2011). Heathers. Berkeley, CA: Soft Skull Press. ISBN 9781593764579.
- "Bowieblog". Johnrossbowie.livejournal.com. Retrieved November 13, 2016.
- Denbo, Jamie. "Episode 60: Jamie Denbo". The Mental Illness Happy Hour. Paul Gilmartin. mentalpod.com. Retrieved April 15, 2015.
- Funny Or Die (April 15, 2013). "'iSteve". funnyordie.com. Retrieved November 13, 2016.