John Rowe (actor)
John Rowe (born January 1941) is a British actor.
After reading English at Oxford he worked as a teacher before training at the Birmingham School of Speech and Drama. After some years in repertory theatre he joined the BBC Radio Drama Company at Broadcasting House and has been a prolific radio actor ever since, notably as Professor Jim Lloyd in The Archers. He has also played numerous character roles on television and film and his extensive stage work includes touring with the Old Vic in Europe, China, the Middle East and Australia.
- The Chain (1984)
- Clockwise (1986)
- The Heart of Me (2001)
- Lagaan (2001)
- The Lost Prince (2003)
- Victoria & Abdul (2017)
- BBC Television Shakespeare - Henry VIII (Cromwell, 1979)
- BBC Television Shakespeare - Macbeth (Lennox, 1983)
- Juliet Bravo (1980–85)
- When the Boat Comes In (Hector Smith-Jameson, 1981)
- Chambers (Judge Riseby, 1990)
- Agatha Christie's Poirot (The Cornish Mystery, 1990)
- Seekers (1992)
- Trial & Retribution (2006)
- Law & Order: UK (series 5) (2011)
- Casualty (2013)
- Mr Selfridge (2015)
- BBC Television - Holby City Series 18, Episode 24: Who You Are (Thomas Bell Humphries, 2016)
- Vera (TV series) (2016 - episode: The Moth Catcher)
- The Crown (2016)
- "BBC Radio 4 - The Archers - Jim Lloyd". BBC.
- "Living with the Poets podcasts – Bath Spa University". www.bathspa.ac.uk.
- "John Rowe". BFI.
- "John Rowe | Theatricalia". theatricalia.com.
- "John Rowe | Movies and Filmography". AllMovie.
- "John Rowe". www.aveleyman.com.
- "BBC Programme Index". genome.ch.bbc.co.uk.
- "BBC Radio 4 - Drama, The Architects". BBC.
- "BBC Radio 4 - Saturday Drama, Lewis Carroll - Alice through the Looking Glass". BBC.
- "BBC Sword of Honour webpage".
- "BBC Radio 4 - Drama, The Ferryhill Philosophers, Wants and Desires". BBC.