John S. Dickerson
John S. Dickerson (born 1982) is a Christian pastor, author and a nationally awarded American journalist. He has written essays and opinion columns for USA Today, CNN, The New York Times Sunday Opinion Page, and the religion pages of The Washington Post
In 2004, he joined The Scottsdale Times as a staff writer and later became features editor. While at The Scottsdale Times, his reporting earned honors from the Arizona Press Club. The Arizona Newspaper Association named him non-daily "Journalist of the Year" in 2007. He then took a staff writer position at the Phoenix New Times, an alternative weekly owned by Village Voice Media.
In 2009, he was named winner of the $10,000 Livingston Award for Young Journalists. "The Livingston Awards for excellence by professionals under the age of 35 are the largest all-media, general reporting prizes in American journalism." Charles Gibson (ABC News), Michele Norris (NPR), Tom Brokaw and Clarence Page are among the judges who selected Dickerson's investigative series about medical regulations in Arizona, "Prescription for Disaster", as the national winner for local reporting. The Association of Alternative Newsweeklies also named Dickerson national winner for investigative reporting. Three of his stories are printed in the book anthology Best AltWeekly Writing 2009 and 2010, published by Northwestern University Press. Dickerson eventually left Phoenix New Times to pastor Cornerstone Church in Prescott, Arizona.
His book The Great Evangelical Recession (Baker Publishing Group, 2013), combines his investigative journalism background with his embedded understanding of American Christianity as an insider. The book documents the decline of Christianity in the United States and suggests potential solutions for American church leaders. Ken Auletta, media critic for The New Yorker, endorsed the book: "A first rate journalist and writer, Dickerson writes with empathy, preferring to explain rather than scold. He's written an illustrious book."
In 2015 Dickerson accepted the role of Teaching Pastor in Residence at Venture Christian Church in Los Gatos, California. The same year, HarperCollins publishers' Zondervan released his book, I Am Strong: Finding God's Peace and Strength in Life's Darkest Moments, in which he offers hope to those enduring chronic sickness or loss.,
On October 28, 2017, John was announced as the new lead pastor of Connection Pointe Christian Church in Brownsburg, IN. 
- Baker Publishing Group Author Profile, August 2012 Archived 2014-02-25 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Calvary Baptist grad honored by Gibson".
- Hedler, Ken (August 16, 2009). "Achievers: Journalist wins national award, becomes minister". The Daily Courier. Prescott, Arizona. Archived from the original on February 23, 2014. Retrieved February 21, 2013.
- "Former New Times Writer Honored". 11 June 2009.
- "Christmas Hope Eases Suffering". USA Today. December 23, 2015.
- Dickerson, John S. "How to unite a divided America". CNN.
- Dickerson, John S. (15 December 2012). "The Decline of Evangelical America" – via NYTimes.com.
- Dickerson, John S. (31 January 2013). "What Christians should learn from Dan Cathy". OnFaith.
- The Daily Courier, August 16, 2009 Archived February 23, 2014, at the Wayback Machine.
- Arizona Press Club Awards, 2004 Archived 2011-07-25 at the Wayback Machine.
- Staff, Arizona Capitol Times. "Capitol Times reporters take home six Press Club awards – Arizona Capitol Times". azcapitoltimes.com.
- Arizona Press Club Awards, 2006 Archived 2011-07-25 at the Wayback Machine.
- Arizona Press Club Awards, 2007 Archived 2011-07-25 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Calvary Baptist grad honored by Gibson".
- Village Voice Media Awards Archived 2011-07-17 at the Wayback Machine.
- Phoenix New Times, investigative report Archived 2010-09-23 at the Wayback Machine.
- Association of Alternative Newsweeklies, September 21, 2009[permanent dead link]
- Association of Alternative Newsweeklies, February 5, 2010[permanent dead link]
- Association of Alternative Newsweeklies, August 17, 2009[permanent dead link]
- book page, Baker Publishing Group, January 2013
- "The Great Evangelical Recession:". 21 February 2013. Archived from the original on 21 February 2013.
- JohnSDickerson.com, December 2012 Archived 2012-12-21 at the Wayback Machine.
- LaMaster, Lynne. "Steps of Faith for Cornerstone Church and Pastor John Dickerson".
- "I Am Strong". www.zondervan.com.
- Dickerson, John S. (29 December 2015). "I Am Strong: Finding God's Peace and Strength in Life's Darkest Moments". Zondervan – via Google Books.
- http://www.connectionpointe.org/leadpastor/#sthash.WoanrrIk.dpbs. Missing or empty