John Schluter (born 1955) is an Australian journalist and weather presenter.
Schluter presented the weather on National Nine News in Brisbane for nearly 25 years, John ended his affiliation with the Nine Network in September 2006. In the late eighties, Schluter did voice-over work for Brisbane Ten (TVQ-0/10) but returned to Nine. He was subsequently replaced by weekend weather presenter Joseph May.
John was later signed by Seven News Brisbane as a fill-in weather presenter for Talitha Cummins, a position which was later made permanent following high ratings for the then-third rate Seven bulletin. His tenure at Seven News coincided with the bulletin overtaking Nine News, where he formerly worked, in the Brisbane television ratings battle; Seven continued to lead in the Brisbane market until it was again overtaken by Nine News in 2013.
In November 2013, Schluter retired as a weather presenter and was replaced by Paul Burt and Tony Auden. He continues to host a weekly Flashback item and act as a fill-in weather presenter on Seven News.
John is married to former Brisbane television identity, Chris Collins, who presented news on Brisbane's Ten News with Rob Readings from 1987 to 1989. He also has a son, Ben.
- John Schluter quits Nine Courier Mail, retrieved 26 February 2007.
- New gig for weatherman Archived 28 September 2007 at the Wayback Machine. Australian-media.com.au, retrieved 26 February 2007.
- Schulter shaft Cummins Australian-media.com.au, retrieved 26 February 2007.
- Cooper, Nathanael (10 September 2013). "Channel 7 News poach fishing and surf presenter Paul Burt from Nine". The Courier Mail. Retrieved 5 January 2017.
- Mason, James (2011). Churchie: The Centenary Register. Brisbane, Australia: The Anglican Church Grammar School. ISBN 978-0-646-55807-3.
|Nine News Brisbane
1981 - 2006
|Seven News Brisbane
2007 - 2013
|This biographical article related to television in Australia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|