John Sharkey, Baron Sharkey
John Kevin Sharkey, Baron Sharkey (born 24 September 1947) is a British Liberal Democratic politician. He was chairman of the Liberal Democratic General Election campaign during the United Kingdom general election, 2010 and director of the YES! To Fairer Votes campaign during the United Kingdom Alternative Vote referendum, 2011. He had previously been appointed as Nick Clegg's advisor on strategic communications in January 2008.
He is also a former joint managing director of Saatchi & Saatchi UK, founder and director of Sharkey Associates Ltd. and a trustee and honorary treasurer of the Hansard Society. He was created a Life Peer as Baron Sharkey, of Niton Undercliff in the County of the Isle of Wight on 20 December 2010.
- "John Sharkey". www.libdems.org.uk. Liberal Democrats. 8 January 2008. Retrieved 6 December 2015.
- "Clegg hires Thatcher campaign man". news.bbc.co.uk. BBC. 8 January 2008. Retrieved 6 December 2015.
- "Lord Sharkey". www.parliament.uk. Parliament of the United Kingdom. Retrieved 6 December 2015.
- "No. 59642". The London Gazette. 23 December 2010. p. 24598.
- "Thousands of Men to Be Pardoned for Gay Sex, Once a Crime in Britain". The New York Times. Retrieved 31 October 2016.
|This biography of a noble of the peerage of the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|