John Smith (musician)
|Associated acts||John Martyn|
John Smith is an English folk guitarist and singer from Devon.  He has toured Britain, Europe and America extensively, both solo and with artists such as Iron and Wine, James Yorkston, John Martyn, David Gray,  Jools Holland, Gil Scott-Heron and Lisa Hannigan (whose records he also plays on). Smith remains unsigned to any record label, but has released four self-funded albums to date.
His unique guitar style has influenced many artists including James Newton Chadwick and Ben Howard. In particular Smith uses a variety of open tunings and percussive techniques (especially on the song "Winter").
- The Fox and the Monk (2006)
- Map or Direction (2009)
- Eavesdropping (2011)
- Great Lakes (2013)
- Headlong (2017)
- "John Smith biography". Retrieved 31 December 2016.
- "Announcement of John Smith supporting David Gray". Archived from the original on 10 April 2013. Retrieved 9 March 2013.
- "List of musicians playing on Lisa Hannigan's records". Archived from the original on 9 March 2013. Retrieved 9 March 2013.
- "Review of "Johnny Boy Would Love This - A Tribute to John Martyn"". The Telegraph. Retrieved 2013-03-09.
- "Johnny Boy Would Love This - A Tribute to John Martyn on Amazon". Amazon.com. Retrieved 2013-03-09.
- "Ben Howard talks about John Smith's influence on his guitar style". Youtube.com. Retrieved 2013-03-09.
http://www.johnsmithfans.com - Fan Website