John Sparks (Oklahoma politician)
|Member of the Oklahoma Senate
from the 16th district
February 6, 2006
|Preceded by||Cal Hobson|
|Alma mater||Harvard College,
University of Oklahoma
John Sparks is the Oklahoma Senator representing District 16, which includes portions of Cleveland and McClain counties, since 2006. He was re-elected in 2010 defeating Sharon Parker 10,507 to 9,460 votes.
Having grown up on a ranch outside Sulphur, Oklahoma, Sparks has paid special attention to matters affecting ranching and the Oklahoma Cattleman's Association named him the legislator of the year on account of his work.
Sparks made the headlines in late 2009 when he proposed a Second Amendment Weekend that would make handguns and rifles tax free.
|Oklahoma's 16th Senate District election, 2006|
Sparks was unopposed in both the primary and general elections in 2014.
- Senator John Sparks - District 16 official State Senate website
- John Sparks for Senate official campaign website
- Project Vote Smart - John Sparks (OK) profile
- Follow the Money - John Sparks
- "Proposed Bill Would Offer Tax Breaks on Gun Purchases". KWTV-DT. 28 December 2009.
- "Election Results". Oklahoma City, Oklahoma: Oklahoma State Election Board. Retrieved 23 February 2017.
|This article about an Oklahoma politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|