|The Right Honourable
|Born||1 March 1736|
|Died||22 December 1820
Lissan House, County Tyrone
|Spouse(s)||1. Harriet Conolly
(c. 1744 – 1771) 2. Henrietta Molesworth
John Staples (1 March 1734 – 22 December 1820) was an Irish Member of Parliament.
He sat in the Irish House of Commons for Newtown Limavady from 1765 to 1768, for Clogher from 1768 to 1776, for Ballyshannon from 1776 to 1783, for Newtown Limavady again from 1783 to 1795 and for County Antrim from 1796 to 1800, and then for Antrim in the new United Kingdom House of Commons from 1801 to 1802. He was made a member of the Irish Privy Council on 12 May 1801.
He was one of thirteen children of the Rev. Thomas Staples of Lissan House, and a grandson of Sir Robert Staples, 4th Baronet; his sister Alicia was the wife of Sir Robert Staples, 7th Baronet. John Staples married twice and also had thirteen children.
- Louisa Anne (died 1833), who married Thomas Pakenham and whose son Edward inherited Castletown;
- William Conolly Staples (died unmarried in 1798); and
- Henrietta Margaret (1770–1847), who married Richard Le Poer Trench, 2nd Earl of Clancarty.
By his second wife Henrietta, daughter of Richard Molesworth, 3rd Viscount Molesworth, his children included:
- Frances, who married Richard Ponsonby,
- Grace Louisa (died 1860), who married James Butler, 1st Marquess of Ormonde, and
- Catherine (died 1830), who married the Ven. Robert Alexander and was the mother of Nathaniel Alexander.
- Richard Staples (died 1819)
- Charlotte Melosina (died 1847), who married William Lenox-Conyngham of Springhill House, Co. Londonderry;
- Sir Thomas Staples, 9th Baronet (1775–1865);
- Rev. John Molesworth Staples (1776–1859), father of Sir Nathaniel Alexander Staples, 10th Baronet,