John Steinbreder is an American writer. He has written or co-written 19 books, of which 15 were on golf and two on child custody issues. He is also a contributor to Masters.com, the officials website for the Masters Tournament, and a senior writer for Global Golf Post, the digital weekly magazine with a worldwide circulation of nearly 2 million subscribers. Steinbreder has reported on golf on five continents and received ten honors for his work form the Golf Writers Association of America and 17 from the International Network of Golf.
Education and career
Steinbreder graduated from Franklin University in Lugano, Switzerland with an Associate of Arts degree in 1976 and then attended the University of Nairobi in 1977. In 1979, he received a B.A. in Journalism from the University of Oregon. He worked as a reporter for Fortune magazine from 1983-1988 and then moved to Sports Illustrated, where served as a writer and reporter from 1988 to 1991. Steinbreder then joined the staff of Golfweek in 1999, as a senior writer, and was employed there until 2008. A year later, he helped found Global Golf Post.
- Giants - 70 Years of Championship Football
- A History of the City of New Haven
- Golf Courses of the U.S. Open, by John Steinbreder, Taylor Publishing Co., Dallas, 1996, ISBN 0-87833-940-X. Pictorial history of golf clubs which have hosted the U.S. Open, the premier American golf championship.
- Fighting for Your Children: A Father's Guide to Custody, by John Steinbreder and Richard G. Kent, Taylor Publishing Co., Dallas, 1998, ISBN 0-87833-941-8.
- Giants: 75 Seasons of Championship Football, second edition, by John Steinbreder, Taylor Publishing Co., Dallas, 1999, ISBN 0-87833-159-X. History of the National Football League's New York Giants.
- Hockey for Dummies, by John Davidson and John Steinbreder, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New York, ISBN 0-7645-5045-4.
- Golf Rules and Etiquette for Dummies, by John Steinbreder, For Dummies, 2001, ISBN 0-7645-5333-X.
- Club Life: The Games Golfers Play, by John Steinbreder, Taylor Publishing Co., Dallas, 2006, ISBN 1-58979-292-0.
- Solomon's Choice: A Guide to Custody for Ex-husbands, Spurned Partners, And Forgotten Grandparents, by John Steinbreder and Richard G. Kent, Taylor Publishing Co., Dallas, 2006, ISBN 1-58979-284-X.
- A Place of Merit - A History of the Merit Club
- Golf Kohler - In The New and Old Worlds
- The Travis Invitational - 100 Years
- The Three-Degree Putting Solution (with Michael Breed)
- The Secrets to Owning Your Swing (with Ed Tischler)
- The History of the Metedeconk National Golf Club
- 18 Ways to Play a Better 18 Holes
- The History of the Society of Seniors
- A History of the Yale Club of New York City
- From Turnberry To Tasmania - Adventures of a Traveling Golfer
- A Centennial History of the PGA of America (editor)
- A History of the Princess Anne Country Club
- "John Steinbreder". AllBookstores.com. Retrieved October 14, 2010.