John Taylor (bishop of Sodor and Man)
|Reference style||The Right Reverend|
|Spoken style||My Lord|
His daughter Leila Margaret Taylor was born in 1920 and his son John Vernon Taylor was the Bishop of Winchester from 1974 to 1984
Ordained in 1910 after a period of study at Ridley Hall, Cambridge he was then Chaplain, Tutor and Vice Principal there until he became Chaplain of the Royal Military Academy, Woolwich. From 1818 until 1928 he was Headmaster of St Lawrence College, Ramsgate. Later he was Rector of Hodnet then Principal of Wycliffe Hall, Oxford - a post he held until his elevation to the Episcopate.
He died on 13 December 1961.
- NPG details
- National Church Institutions Database of Manuscripts and Archives[permanent dead link]
- Feegans Archived 2009-05-31 at the Wayback Machine.
- His father was The Rev. John Charles Taylor, MA, Vicar of Harmondsworth “Who was Who” 1897-2007 London, A & C Black, 2007 ISBN 978-0-19-954087-7; and his son Bishop of Winchester from 1974 to 1984
- London Gazette
- National Archives
- Ecclesiastical News New Principal Of Wycliffe Hall The Times Saturday, Jul 30, 1932; pg. 13; Issue 46199; col G
- Ecclesiastical News New Bishop Of Sodor And Man The Times Tuesday, Sep 21, 1954; pg. 10; Issue 53042; col C
- Obituary Rt. Rev. J. R. S. Taylor Former Bishop Of Sodor And Man The Times Friday, Dec 15, 1961; pg. 15; Issue 55265; col A
William Stanton Jones
|Bishop of Sodor and Man
|This article about the Isle of Man is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Church of England bishop is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|