John Townsend (author)
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||June 1, 1952|
|Notable works||Boundaries: When to Say Yes, How to Say No|
John Townsend (born June 1, 1952) is an American Christian self help author, business consultant, and psychologist.
John Townsend was born in 1952 in Smithfield, North Carolina and grew up in Wilson, North Carolina. Townsend holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in psychology with honors from North Carolina State University, a Master of Theology degree with honors from Dallas Theological Seminary, and a PhD degree in clinical psychology from Rosemead School of Psychology at Biola University.
In 2015, Townsend also founded the Townsend Institute for Leadership and Counseling, providing graduate training in Organizational Leadership, Executive Coaching and Counseling, based at Concordia University Irvine in California.
Townsend has authored or co-authored a host of best-selling self-help books throughout his extensive career.
Townsend also co-hosts a nationally syndicated Christian counseling talk show "New Life Live."
In 2018, Townsend launched TownsendNOW, an interactive digital platform offering coaching on personal and professional challenges.
Townsend co-authored 26 Christian self-help books during his career, including Boundaries: When to Say Yes, How to Say No to Take Control of Your Life in 1992, which sold two million copies and evolved into a five-part series.
- Townsend, et.al. (2001). Hiding from Love Workbook. Zondervan Publishing House. ISBN 978-0310238287.
- Townsend, John. "John Townsend". Retrieved June 10, 2015.
- Concordia University Irvine, "Townsend Institute for Leadership and Counseling"
- Premiere Speakers Bureau: John Townsend
- Christian Post, "Interview: Christian Psychologist John Townsend on His Sermon This Weekend at Saddleback Church", April 13, 2013
- Christianity Today, "Redeeming Conflict", May 1, 2004
- John Townsend; et al. (1992). Boundaries: When to Say Yes, How to Say No. Zondervan Publishing House.
- Quotations related to John Townsend at Wikiquote