John Treacy Egan
|John Treacy Egan|
July 10, 1962 |
New York City, New York
John Treacy Egan (born July 10, 1962 in New York City, New York) is an American actor and singer.
Egan first appeared off-Broadway in When Pigs Fly at the Howard Fairbanks Theater in 1996. In 1997 Egan made his Broadway debut in Jekyll & Hyde, playing the roles of Groom and Mike. He is also in the film version Broadway Television Networks/Atlantic Recordings. In 2001 Egan was in the Off-Broadway show Bat Boy: The Musical. Also in 2001 Egan appeared as Hortensio in Kiss Me, Kate at the Shubert Theatre in Los Angeles. Egan then starred in the musical The Producers. He played the role of Franz Liebkind from May 2002 to April 2003, and then took over the role of Roger De Bris from April to October. He returned to the show a year later, playing Max Bialystock for one week in December 2004. On November 1, 2005, he officially took over the role of Max, and played it through the end of the Broadway run in 2007 (except for a break of several months in 2006, in which sitcom star Tony Danza assumed the role). He is currently the only actor to have played three principal roles. Egan was also in the 2005 film The Producers with Nathan Lane and Matthew Broderick, as First Nighter. Egan appeared with Josh Groban in the Actors' Fund Benefit Concert of Chess on September 22, 2003, at the New Amsterdam Theater. In 2007 Egan created the role of Chef Louis in The Little Mermaid. As of October 2009 Egan is back on Broadway, playing a parent and reporter in the Roundabout Theatre Company's production of Bye Bye Birdie. Currently on Broadway in the Tony Nominated musical, Sister Act.
John released his first solo CD Count The Stars in April 2008. His second solo CD, On Christmas Morning, was released in October 2009.
- The New York Times http://theater.nytimes.com/mem/theater/treview.html?res=9D0DEFD81531F936A2575BC0A960958260. Missing or empty
- The Broadway League. "The official source for Broadway Information". IBDB. Retrieved October 18, 2011.
- "JOHN TREACY EGAN Theatre Credits – Who's Who Bio". Playbill. Retrieved October 18, 2011.
- Phillips, Michael (August 27, 2001). "Not Just Another Op'nin' – Los Angeles Times". Articles.latimes.com. Retrieved October 18, 2011.
- "The Producers: John Treacy Eagan to play Max Bialystock from the 25 Oct & Jai Rodriguez, Carmen Ghia from the 1 Nov 2005". Newyorktheatreguide.com. Retrieved October 18, 2011.
- "'BIRDIE' Star John Treacy Egan's Holiday Recording 'ON CHRISTMAS MORNING' Now Available". Broadwayworld.com. December 2, 2009. Retrieved October 18, 2011.
- "'BIRDIE' Star John Treacy Egan's Holiday Recording 'ON CHRISTMAS MORNING' Now Available". Broadwayworld.com. October 31, 2009. Retrieved October 18, 2011.
- "Biography". Christycat.com. Retrieved October 18, 2011.