|Born||1940 (age 76–77)
|Residence||Rolling Hills, California|
|Alma mater||B.S. Technische Hochschule Darmstadt|
|Known for||co-founder of Kingston Technology|
|Net worth||5.4 billion USD (March 2017)|
In 1982, he co-founded Camintonn with David Sun. in 1986, they sold it for $6 million and founded Kingston Technology. In 1996, they sold 80 percent of the company to Softbank for $1.5 billion, before buying it back in 1999 for $450 million.
- The World's Billionaires: John Tu March 2017
- "The My Hero Project - John Tu".
- Rosie Murray-West (19 July 2003). "Business profile: Yin and yang of memory". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 22 September 2011.
- "The Billionaires Who Make Money Every Time You Buy a Phone". 6 May 2016.
- "Kingston Co-Founder Tu Freedom Writers' Benefactor".
- "John and Mary Tu Foundation: Los Angeles Grants".
- "John Tu".
|This Taiwanese business-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|