||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (May 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Birth name||John Michael Warne|
|Born||June 27, 1979|
|Genres||Christian alternative rock, pop punk|
|Instruments||Bass guitar, guitar, vocals|
|Associated acts||Relient K, Ace Troubleshooter, Guerilla Rodeo|
John Warne is an American musician who has been active since 1996. He is best known for being the bassist for the Christian rock band Relient K as well as being a founding member of the Christian punk band Ace Troubleshooter. His hometown is Minneapolis, Minnesota and currently lives in Denver, Colorado.
Warne originally started filling in as a bassist for Relient K in September 2004, after the then bassist Brian Pittman left the band less than a month earlier. Warne joined Relient K as the full-time bassist and backing vocalist in February 2005. He has contributed to four Relient K projects, and on four full-length albums, Five Score and Seven Years Ago, Forget and Not Slow Down, Is for Karaoke, and Collapsible Lung. He also provided back-up vocals for two songs on Relient K's 2004 album Mmhmm. Warne also animated the band's flash cartoon, Woodland Forest.
Warne was a founding member of the now defunct Christian punk band Ace Troubleshooter, in which he played guitar and sang lead vocals. The band was active from 1996 to 2004, recording five full-length albums, the first two independently released and the last three released under the record label Tooth & Nail Records or its affiliate BEC Recordings.
It is rumored that he wants to contribute a project to the next volume of My Other Band, a compilation series featuring side projects from Christian rock artists. Warne's Relient K bandmates Matt Thiessen, Dave Douglas, and Ethan Luck all contributed to My Other Band, Vol. 1.
- With Ace Troubleshooter
- Back in the Shootin' Match (1996) — lead vocals and guitar
- Don't Stop a Rockin' (1999) — lead vocals and guitar
- Ace Troubleshooter (album) (2000) — lead vocals and guitar
- The Madness of the Crowds (2002) — lead vocals and guitar
- It's Never Enough (2004) — lead vocals and guitar
- With Guerilla Rodeo
- Ride, Rope and Destroy (2004) — bass guitar and backing vocals
With Relient K
- Mmhmm (2004) — guest vocals on "More Than Useless" and "Who I Am Hates Who I've Been"
- Apathetic EP (2005) — bass guitar and backing vocals
- Five Score and Seven Years Ago (2007) — bass guitar and backing vocals
- The Bird and the Bee Sides (2008) — bass guitar and backing vocals, wrote and sang "The Last, the Lost, the Least"
- Forget and Not Slow Down (2009) — bass guitar and backing vocals
- Is for Karaoke (2011) — bass guitar and backing vocals
- Collapsible Lung (2013) — bass guitar and backing vocals