John West (priest)
Educated at Trinity College, Dublin, he was ordained in 1830 and began his ecclesiastical career as Curate at Monkstown, County Dublin. He was the incumbent at St Ann’s Dublin and then Archdeacon of the city before his elevation to the Deanery, a post he held for 25 years. He died on 5 July 1890.
His son was an eminent engineer.
- ECCLESIASTICAL INTELLIGENCE . The Hampshire Advertiser (Southampton, England), Saturday, September 14, 1889; pg. 7; Issue 4514. 19th Century British Library Newspapers: Part II.
- Handbook of British Chronology By Fryde, E. B;. Greenway, D.E;Porter, S; Roy, I: Cambridge, CUP, 1996 ISBN 052156350X, 9780521563505
- History of the church
- "A New History of Ireland” by Theodore William Moody, F. X. Martin, Francis John Byrne
- "The Clergy List, Clerical Guide and Ecclesiastical Directory" London, Hamilton & Co 1889
- The Times, Monday, Jul 07, 1890; pg. 6; Issue 33057; col F Obituary The Rev. Dr West
- TCD engineering