John and Elizabeth Sherrill
John Lewis Sherrill (August 2, 1923, Covington, Tennessee - December 2, 2017) and Elizabeth "Tib" Sherrill (born February 14, 1928, Hollywood, California) are Christian writers. They have co-authored a number of best-selling books, including:
- God's Smuggler with Brother Andrew
- The Hiding Place with Corrie ten Boom
- The Cross and the Switchblade with David Wilkerson
From 1944 to 1951 John Sherrill was a freelance writer in Europe. John Sherrill and Elizabeth Schindler met aboard ship on their way to Europe and were married in Geneva, Switzerland in December 1947. From 1947 to 1963 Elizabeth was a freelance writer for magazines. In 1970 they founded a publishing company, Chosen Books, dedicated to searching "the world for books that would have two criteria. They would be interesting. They would be helpful." Their first title was The Hiding Place".
Elizabeth has authored more than 30 books - many co-written with her husband. Some of these books have been translated into more than 40 languages.
Elizabeth Sherrill has three children: John Scott Sherrill, Donn Sherrill, and Elizabeth Flint. She resides in Hingham, Massachusetts. John Sherrill died on December 2, 2017, aged 94.
- David Wilkerson, Elizabeth Sherrill, John Sherrill (1962). The Cross and the Switchblade. Jove.CS1 maint: Multiple names: authors list (link)
- Corrie ten Boom, John and Elizabeth Sherrill (1971). The Hiding Place. Guideposts Associates.
- Demos Shakarian, John and Elizabeth Sherrill (1975). The Happiest People on Earth. Steward Press.
- Brother Andrew; Sherrill, John; & Sherrill, Elizabeth (2001). God's Smuggler. Chosen Books. ISBN 0-8007-9301-3.CS1 maint: Multiple names: authors list (link)
- Brother Andrew; Sherrill, John; Sherrill, Elizabeth; featuring Jars of Clay (2001). The Narrow Road: Stories of Those Who Walk This Road Together. Baker Publishing Group. ISBN 0-8007-5793-9.CS1 maint: Multiple names: authors list (link)
- Elizabeth Sherrill, All the Way to Heaven: A Surprising Faith Journey, Revell, 2002.
- John L. Sherrill, They Speak With Other Tongues, Chosen Books, 1999. (originally published 1964)
- My Friend, The Bible by John Sherrill 1978 Chosen Books, p. 126
- http://www.elizabethsherrill.com - Elizabeth Sherrill's Website